Sonia Sotomayor: The True American Dream

By Antonia Felix

Publisher: Penguin Group (USA), July 2010
ISBN: 0425234835
MY HERO recommends this book to adult readers.
Synopsis
The definitive biography of the first Latina and third woman ever appointed to the Supreme Court-from the national bestselling biographer of Condoleeza Rice and Laura Bush.

National bestselling biographer Antonia Felix delves behind the headlines to tell the compelling story of how the daughter of Puerto Rican immigrants living in the South Bronx became one of the greatest legal minds in the country. With insight and thoughtful analysis, Felix explores the tenacity that makes Sotomayor a sharp, fearless judge; the sense of compassion that drives her to seek justice for the underprivileged; and her strong community ties, which never let her forget where she came from.

Drawing on candid interviews with figures from Sotomayor's personal and professional life-as well as speeches, interviews with Sotomayor, and published papers-Felix paints a revealing portrait of the woman who would come to meet President Obama's rigorous criteria for a Supreme Court justice and whose appointment would make history.

Write your comments
  • Only registered users can write reviews