My Life with the Chimpanzees

By Jane Goodall

Publisher: Pocket Books 1996
ISBN: 0671562711
MY HERO recommends this book to readers of all age groups.
From the Publisher
From the time she was a girl, Jane Goodall dreamed of a life spent working with animals. Finally she had her wish. When she was twenty-six years old, she ventured into the forests of Africa to observe chimpanzees in the wild. On her expeditions she braved the dangers with leopards and lions in the African bush. And she got to know an amazing group of wild chimpanzees—intelligent animals whose lives, in work and play and family relationships, bear a surprising resemblance to our own.
User Reviews:
katie ludvig | 11/14/2010 10:23 AM
wow...what an inspiring woman...she is a hero to so many children out there!!She followed her dreams and took charge..amd now she has done something with that passion for animals...
| 10/13/2010 3:59 AM
I LOVE JANE GOODALL!!! I AM DOING HER FOR A PROJECT CALLED WHOS WHO PROJECT MY FRIENDS ARE SITTING NEXT TO ME AT THE MOMENT OHHH HOW I WISH U COULD SEE US HAVING LOTS-O-FUN!!JANE GOODALL IS MY HERO YA GET IT!!! MY FRIEND CHIRISTINA IS DOING RACHEL CARSON AND MY FRIEND JULIA IS DOING ANNIE JUMP CANNON AND ADD HER AS A PERSON ON THIS AWESOME WEBSITE
skyler | 10/28/2009 4:57 AM
awsome
Larissa Nguyen | 3/18/2009 8:20 AM
     I'm ten years old. The story of Mrs. Jane Goodall and her journeys through Gombe Stream Reserve and other national parks is astonishing. No planning, no preparation, and suddenly, when visiting a friend in Africa, her dream of working with animals becomes reality. It is so amazing. Before, I wanted to work with animals, but now, this book has motivated and made me long to work with animals.
bob | 1/30/2009 6:22 AM
yes i luv this book!!!!!!!
Lana | 5/6/2006 12:40 AM
I love this book
Leah | 3/15/2006 10:11 PM
Great book
Savannah Mullarney | 2/16/2006 8:04 AM
I loved the book I had to read it for a book project I am 10 years old I want to be just like Jane Goodall
john king | 9/24/2005 1:25 AM
it was a really good book. it helped me with my research i had to do in science class.

Write your comments
  • Only registered users can write reviews