Amelia Earhart: A Biography

By Doris L. Rich

Publisher: Smithsonian Institution Press; (October 1996)
ISBN: 1560987251
MY HERO recommends this book to adult readers.
Synopsis
She died mysteriously before she was forty. Yet in the last decade of her life Amelia Earhart soared from obscurity to fame as the best-known female aviator in the world. She set record after record - among them, the first trans-Atlantic solo flight by a woman, a flight that launched Earhart on a double career as a fighter for women's rights and a tireless crusader (perhaps the most efective activist of her time) for commercial air travel. Doris L. Rich's exhaustively researched biography downplays the "What Happened to Amelia Earhart?" myth by disclosing who Amelia Earhart really was: a woman of three centuries, born in the nineteenth, pioneering in the twentieth, and advocating ideals and dreams relevant to the twenty-first.
User Reviews:
MARGARITA EVERISTO | 3/16/2009 6:47 AM
A GREAT STORY
Jocelyn Loubriel | 2/9/2009 8:17 AM
I learned about Amelia Earhart in a article I read in school and I love learning about her. I think that she is a great explorer and I am only 10.I hope somebody finds out what happend to her.
Austin Vogler | 2/4/2008 10:30 PM
"Decide ...whether or not the goal is worth the risks involved. If it is, stop worrying ... ." These words came from Amelia Earhart, one of the most celebrated individuals in history. She earned a place in our history books through her courage, determination, and daring spirit as a pioneer of aviation. For decades, Amelia Earhart has stood as a symbol of success and freedom for women worldwide. She is proof that we can all accomplish our dreams and that we must overcome the failures and setbacks that inhibit us.
ameila chaffer | 8/8/2007 8:01 PM
i only just found out about this person and already i like her and im only 9 and i am hopping to find some books on her soon!
tiffany williams. | 5/30/2007 11:56 AM
i   love  amelia  earhart   i  think   i  will   make   a  stague  of   her.
I'm  only  8   years   old.  i   am   making a  chapter   book   about  her .
thanks   for  making  book's  about  her.

Write your comments
  • Only registered users can write reviews