Poets

Maya Angelou

by Tia from North Carolina

''It's the arch of my back, The sun of my smile, The ride of my breasts, The grace of my style. I'm a woman. Phenomenally. Phenomenal woman. That's Me.''
<a href=http://www6.miami.edu/pls/maya-angelou.jpg>Maya Angelou</a>
Maya Angelou

To me a hero is a person that does their all. That makes a difference in what they do. They don’t have to be well known. They just have to make a difference in this world and society. To me the person that I think describes this definition (you may not think so) is Ms. Maya Angelou.

She absorbed the deep religious faith and old-fashioned courtesy of traditional African American life. She went through trials and tribulations, but even though she went through not once did she give up on her talents. She expressed and showed the importance of African Americans through poem. She also spoke out loud with Malcolm X and Martin Luther King Jr.

Maya Angelou moved from place to place. She currently lives in America. She moved from St. Louis, Missouri, Chicago, San Francisco, Europe, New York, and Ghana. Maya Angelou was born Marguerite Annie Johnson. She was born in St. Louis, Missouri on April 4,1928. She is still alive and still making a difference in the world and society.

She is important to me because she has made me realize that even though you go through, and even though you have problems don’t give up. Keep living your dreams. Keep your head up and keep going with life. You may have sometimes when you fall and it seems like you keep trying and it seems like nothing's happening but dust yourself off and keep going and keep trying to achieve and be what you want to be in life. She also expressed her feelings and her life, her struggles and the achievements and struggles of African Americans, her struggles growing up and her childhood and she’s still doing it today.

She made a difference to me because she’s not afraid to express herself or tell her life stories. To me it takes somebody that’s strong and wants to help others with their story just like she did. Just letting us know that through trials, through tribulations, go on, keep your head up and succeed. Be important in this world and be a somebody.

She is Maya Angelou!!!!!!!!!

Maya Angelou - Official Website