Health

Dr. Max Gerson

by Natalie from Riley

It has been known as one of the many silent killers of the world. Millions have suffered and perished from one disease that has forever changed the face of humanity, a disease so complex that it has left even highly knowledgeable specialists and physicians dumb-founded. Yet, although little know, one gentleman changed the medical reality, which lead to a genuine, sensible, and invulnerable cure to cancer. Max Gerson was and is a monumental advancement to our society due to his treatment and discoveries to the cure of fifty varieties of cancer.

A German-born American physician, Max Gerson, grew up in the small town Wongrowitz. In 1900, he entered the University of Breslau, then going on to the Universities of Wuerzburg, Berlin, and finally graduated in 1909 from the Albert-Ludwigs- Universit Freiburg (Gerson Institution). He began practicing medicine at the age of 28 in his last few years at Freiburg. Suffering from severe migraines, Dr. Gerson designed experimentation with diet on preventing his headaches. In the duration of his experiment, he did harmless trials on his daughter Charlotte, who at the time was suffering of skin tuberculosis. He found that in the course of her treatment, the migraine diet had cured her TB. This discovery had lead Gerson to further extend his study in dietary nutrition and healing.

After his famed discovery, Dr. Gerson established a special skin tuberculosis treatment program at Munich University Hospital. In a precise monitored clinical trial, 446 out of 450 skin tuberculosis patients recovered completely. Dr. Gerson and his colleague, Dr. Sauerbruch, simultaneously published articles in dozens of the world's leading medical journals, stating Gerson's treatment as the first cure to skin tuberculosis. At around this time, Gerson attracted the friendship of a Nobel Prize winner Albert Schweitzer, M.D. by curing his wife of lung tuberculosis after all conventional treatments had failed (Gerson Institution). Dr. Schweitzer followed Gerson's progress as the dietary therapy successfully cured heart disease, kidney failure, and eventually cancer. Even Schweitzer's Type II diabetes was cured by Gerson's therapy (Cancer Tutor).

In 1983, Gerson passed his boards and was licensed the practice in New York. Twenty years after he transferred, he had treated hundreds of patients who had been given up to die after every other and all conventional treatments receded in failure. Eight years later, Gerson demonstrated his revolved patients before Pepper-Neely Congressional Subcommittee. His demonstration was hoped to encourage a bill that would fund research into cancer treatment. Although, during the hearing, only very few peer-reviewed journals were receptive to Gerson's radical idea that diet could have an effect on health, he continued to publish Articles on his therapies and cases of the histories of patients he healed. After thirty years of clinical experimentation, Dr. Gerson published his first book- a Cancer Therapy: Results of 50 Cases (Gerson Institution). This memorable medical monograph outlines the details of the theories, treatment, and results an outstanding student, teacher, and physician achieved. After every accomplishment, Dr. Max Gerson died at the young age of 38, and was eulogized by his long-term friend and colleague Albert Schweitzer M.D.

What once perplexed the brilliant, and the bright, now has a solution. Why is the solution hidden and secluded from those who desperately need it? The answer is still unclear. Technology and the advancing ways of the world, has discarded the natural way that humanity was born to live. Max Gerson, the one man who discovered a cure to the most well-known disease, has made the history books, but is slowly beginning to be forgotten.

Gerson Institution - Gerson Therapy for Cancer

Max,
Last name Gerson, an inventor of a,
Cure,
Who changed the lives of others.
Who,
Never stopped searching and saving,
The lives of those who were left to,
Die.