Press_Release

Space film 'Bella Gaia' wins MY HERO Award

by Moving Pictures

“Bella Gaia,” a multimedia presentation that offers a global perspective of planet earth, is the winner of the 2010 MY HERO Media Award. The 30-minute production combines NASA footage, still photos, animation and music to create a fascinating look at our planet from an astronaut’s perspective.

The award is presented annually to films that exemplify the best of humanity and enhance the human experience. Producer Kenji Williams, who plays the violin during the film, will perform live during a presentation of “Bella Gaia” at the MY HERO International Film Festival’s Screening and Award Ceremony at 3 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 20, at the Ray Stark Family Theater at the University of Southern California’s George Lucas Building in the School of Cinematic Arts. A reception will follow.

The MY HERO International Film Festival is part of the MY HERO Project, a non-profit organization dedicated to honoring everyday heroes. MY HERO was founded in 1995 to promote cross-cultural communication, personal expression, media literacy and the arts through the MY HERO website (www.myhero.com). The festival was created in 2005. For more information, visit www.myhero.com/filmfestival.

Bella Gaia - Watch the award-winning short film by Kenji Williams

Monday, September 13th, 2010
MovingPicturesNetwork.com