Film Festival 2006 Painting Peace produced by Slater Jewell-Kemker

"What does Peace mean to You?"

At the beginning of 2006, a group of home-schoolers and the children of Canadian Peacekeeping Forces painted a PEACE MURAL for the ART-MILES-MURAL-PROJECT. The painting will join 12 miles of murals that will wrap around the pyramids in Egypt in 2010, the end of the United Nations Decade of Peace. This short film talks with these child painters about their ideas of Peace.

An Art Miles Mural from the Peace, Unity, and Healing Mile, (USA 2001)

To me peace means love

What peace means to me is helping people There should be no violence in the world and we should talk it over with words For me peace means contentment I love my friends and my family, that’s why I think it’s peace You can keep peace in places that don’t have peace by being nice to each other Peace is : I like to be happy It means birds singing!!! Peace for me is a clean environment, trees, and people just being friendly to each other.

View the short film Painting Peace
The Art Miles Mural Project - A global art project creating 12 miles of murals for the International Decade of Peace, 2001-2010. Join them by clicking here.
Exploring the Mural - An article about the mural project written by My Hero staff writer Kevin Metz
In Slater's words - Slater's article on the Art-Miles-Mural Project
Peace - People all over the world are joining together to bring peace to our hearts and our planet through the prayer May Peace Prevail on Earth.

MY HERO reporter Slater Jewell-Kemker receives an Earth Trustee award at the United Nations on the Spring Equinox 2007

United Nations Celebration of Earth Day 07
a short film of this event was produced by Slater Jewell-Kemker and Wendy Jewell---additional footage Mark Cavanagh

View a short film Slater created on her journey to Catalina Island to interview her Environmental Hero Jean-Michel Cousteau.

My trip to Catalina Island
Small (14 MB) / Large (19 MB) - 7 Minutes

Painting Peace
A short film by Slater Jewell-Kemker

Watch this short film about painting a Peace mural for the Art-Miles-Mural-Project.

View Film Small (8 MB)- 4 Minutes
View Film Large (13MB) - 4 Minutes

Slater has represented MY HERO at international conferences in Montreal, Canada, Kosice, Slovakia, and in Los Angeles, USA. View her demonstration of how to build your own MY HERO web page if you're interested in contributing to MY HERO.

Powered by NopCommerce