Press_Release

Cast Your Vote For The People's Choice Award

Contact: Wendy Milette FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
[email protected]
949.376.5964

CAST YOUR VOTE – MY HERO PEOPLE’S CHOICE BALLOT IS OPEN 

LOS ANGELES, CA - 10/14/15 - The MY HERO Project is inviting teachers, activists and students to help choose the winner of the People’s Choice Award for the 2015 MY HERO International Film Festival.  The People’s Choice Ballot features short films from the festival that are sure to promote conversation and lively discussion about heroism, effective communication and imaginative storytelling.

We invite you to watch the people’s choice finalists and vote for the film you like best.  The ballot is live - CAST YOUR VOTE HERE
The Deadline is November 11th at midnight!

The six finalist films are:

Teen Press [Trailer] by T.C Johnstone
Highlighting the engaging journalism program at Santa Barbara Middle School.

Focused by Kate Lord and Christen Brandt
Featuring the important work of the She’s the First organization in The Gambia.

Me (Mother) by Jackie Khanh Doan
A powerful animation on the subject of motherhood.

A Case for Dreaming by Tiffany Shlain
An experimental films that explores the creative and emotional importance of .. doing nothing.

Frame by Frame [Trailer] by Mo Scarpelli and Alexandria Bombach
A beautiful film following four Afgan photojournalists facing realities of building a free press in a country left to stand on its own.

Young Storytellers by Jill Jones
A moving profile of an organization who is committed to helping young people discover the power of their voice.
The winner will be announced at MY HERO’s 20th Anniversary Celebration and Multimedia Festival, which takes place on November 21, 2015, at the The Herb Alpert Educational Village at New Roads School (3131 Olympic Blvd, Santa Monica, CA 90404).  

The MY HERO Project hosts an award winning web site that celebrates everyday heroes around the world who work to make the world a better place.  We shine a light on peace activists, eco warriors, artists, educators and others through stories, films, music and art submitted to myhero.com.  Entries come from all parts of the globe.

The MY HERO Project is a 501(c)(3) organization.  Donations made to MY HERO are tax deductible.  Thank you for your continued support. (http://myhero.com/donate).