Poets

William Shakespeare

by Maddy from Williamsville

William Shakespeare may be the best playwright and poet ever.

William Shakespeare wrote plays and also acted in them. He made people happy by giving them plays and poems to enjoy.

William Shakespeare is a hero. He is a hero because if it wasn't for him we wouldn't have any of his extraordinary pieces of work such as Romeo and Juliet. If Shakespeare never wrote Romeo and Juliet we wouldn't have Gnomeo and Juliet, a popular kid's movie. People sometimes say that Shakespeare may have been the greatest playwright and poet the world has ever known. As you can see Shakespeare is a hero.

William Shakespeare's life didn't start out that easy. William Shakespeare, they believe, was born on April 23rd, 1564. William wasn't very educated, but he went to school and he knew how to read and write. None of his family members knew how to read or write except one of his sister (that he taught how to read). When William was about to go to college his father lost a lot of money so he may or may not have dropped out of college (sources are unsure). As you can see, William Shakespeare's life didn't start out that easy.

( ())
( ())

William Shakespeare lived to be a legend. Shakespeare loved to write plays but when the theater was forced to close because of disease, Shakespeare started writing poems for the Earl of South Hampton. The Earl made Shakespeare his own private poet. This is a quote Shakespeare once said to the Earl of South Hampton to tell him how appreciative he was to be working with him. "I know not how I shall offend in dedicating my unpolished lines to your lordship, nor how the world will censure me for choosing so strong a prop to support so weak a burden; only if your honor seem but pleased, I account myself highly praised, and vow to take advantage of all idle hours, till I have honored you with some graver labor." This is how William Shakespeare lived to be a legend.

William Shakespeare faced many challenges in his life. First, Shakespeare's father lost a lot of money and he couldn't afford school for Shakespeare anymore. Sources say, but are unsure, that Shakespeare may have gotten taken out of school and was taught how to be a butcher or a hunter, or he stayed in school. Second, was that a disease spread around the town and the queen had to close all the theaters. When they did this, Shakespeare had no job. As you can see, William faced many challenges in his life.

William Shakespeare has many quality traits. First, Shakespeare was brave. Shakespeare was brave to go on stage and rehearse his lines. Second, Shakespeare was clever. He was clever because he could write a play very fast. His plays were very good, and were very well planned out. Lastly, Shakespeare is romantic. Shakespeare is romantic because most of his plays have love scenes in them. As you can see Shakespeare has many quality traits.

There is a lesson I and many young people have learned. The important life lesson I and many other young people learned from the way that Shakespeare lived is that no matter how sad or hard your life is you can still make it better. I learned this because in Shakespeare's lifetime he lost a lot of family. As you can see, this is a very important life lesson many other young people can learn.

As you can see, William Shakespeare may be the best poet and playwright ever.