Wright Brothers

by William from Arcadia

The Wright brothers are true heroes. They had a challenging life, accomplished heroic deeds, and have made me think. These brothers are my heroes.

The Wright Brothers’ lives were full of inspiring actions and persistence. Wilbur Wright was older than his brother, Orville, by four years. They started a business by opening up a bicycle shop. A helicopter toy given to them by their father when they were little kids inspired them to construct the first flying vehicle ever. After the plane was finally built, Wilbur only had a few more years to enjoy his accomplishment. In 1912, he died of typhoid fever. Orville died at the age of 76, and Wilbur died when he was 45 years old.

There are many heroic acts that the Wright Brothers completed. On December 17, 1903, they made the first airplane, which soared in the air for twelve seconds. Wilbur and Orville Wright didn’t succeed the first time. After repeated takeoffs and landings, they finally put together the first flying vehicle. The longest flight lasted 39 minutes. Then, they began to build planes for the U.S. military and French investors. Finally in 1909, they won the French Legion of Honor and the Congressional Medal of Honor. Humans had dreamed of flight for many years, and these heroes accomplished that. Just think, if it weren’t for their persistence, we would never have airplanes.

Learning about Wilbur and Orville Wright has inspired me to think. I consider these two brothers my heroes because they kept on trying even though they failed many times. If they weren’t that consistent, no airplanes would exist. I want to be just like them.

Two of the greatest heroes in the world are the Wright Brothers. Learning about their lives has given me much to ponder. People everywhere in the world should appreciate and respect them for what they did. They are heroes.