Zach Holmes

by Janice from Lancaster, Alaska

"Zach is definitely a hero because he loves life and does whatever is right to leave his peaceful footprint. "

There are those special people in your life that the first time you set eyes on them you know there is something special about them. That’s the reaction I got when I met my own personal hero in my life. His name is Zach Holmes and the first time our eyes met was when I was working at the store and he came in to ask if he could switch sizes in the extra tuff boots he just bought.

Later that summer I found out that Zach did fire poi. I was just a beginner so I asked if we could get together some time and play around. It was the fourth of July at our community parade and festival when he started teaching me new tricks. Later that night at the fireworks at the beach I was able to light up for the first time. It was the most amazing feeling I had ever felt. I entered a whole new world that is completely indescribable. He was the lighter to my new world of peace and happiness which makes him a hero to me.

Zach and I started to hang out much more that summer mostly doing poi. His words were just so crisp and clear as they entered my ears. I felt like we were just on the same page all the time and I just “got” him. He had a reason for all my questions and we each shared the passion of peace and love on this earth. I knew from the start he was definitely my hero.

(http://www.clowningarounddfw.com/entertainers/poi.php)

Months have passed since he left to his trip India and I still consider him my hero. Whenever I get in a hard situation I think about what he would do because Zach always radiates peace. Zach is definitely a hero because he loves life and does whatever is right to leave his peaceful footprint.

Poi - Wikipedia article on Poi and Fire Poi