Allandeh

by Allandeh from Gethersbury, Maryland

I have lived in two different countries: Cameroon and America. I came to the United States of America when I was 11 years old. My school was small, but I loved it. It was really fun. The kids in the school were nice and they didn't make fun of people.

In middle school, it was really different. They had lockers in middle school. The first week of school, I had trouble opening my locker, but by the second week, I could open it by myself.

I did all my homework and I enjoyed doing it. Some of the assignments were hard, but I tried my best. There are some kids in my school that don't speak English, so I help them translate what they don't understand.

I am happy to help people with their English, and writing it helps me learn more. If there are any parents who come to school and don't know how to speak English, I help them, too.

The teachers in my school said I am doing great in my all of my classes. I talk to kids who have trouble with their English and tell them the fastest way for them to learn English. I am proof of that.