Ashanti

by Kathy from Nebraska

Ashanti
Ashanti

If I had to pick a hero, it would be Ashanti. She's done so much. She's won Best Female R&B Soul Singer. She has inspired so many young girls who want to become famous singers. She won a 2003 Grammy for Best Contemporary R&B album. She's also had almost every one of her songs on the top 20 countdown on channel 94.1.

The only bad thing is that she never finished school. She just needed to go to college. She was born in Brooklyn, New York. She lived there most of her childhood. She's proud of where she comes from. She said that growing up in Brooklyn did her good. She enjoyed every moment of it.

Ashanti in concert
Ashanti in concert

She was born on October 13, 1980. She's about 21 years old. She's planning on going back to college because she regrets not going. She said it was either her career or college. Well, she picked her career, and it is going well for her.

Ashanti is really important to me because she's accomplished so much in such a short time. She's gotten out so many of her songs. I also like her because she's so pretty.