A.S.P.C.A.

by Kylie from Park Forest Middle School

American Society for the Prevention of Animals

My hero is not a mother or a child but the S.P.C.A. I feel that the S.P.C.A. is my hero because unlike some people who chose celebrities for their hero because they’re famous or they wear the right clothes, they really aren't true heroes! The S.P.C.A. is not a person but a whole committee of volunteers who help animals to live a better and longer life. S.P.C.A. stands for Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals. I feel that this says a lot because any animal from a skunk to man’s best friend is the same as you or me.

They also improve the animals' health and safety by giving them a home or the care they need. The S.P.C.A. also saves animals from disasters like Hurricane Katrina or Hurricane Rita! This is the hero I chose because I love dogs and all other animals and feel that they should be treated fairly and equally like every other person in the world. The S.P.C.A. helps to make that happen all over the world. But don’t forget that even you can be a hero as long as you are Kind-Brave-Helpful-Have Compassion, and are an all around good person to others!

ASPCA - American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals