Bono

by Dtiwald from Nebraska

Paul David Hewson, formally known as Bono, was born on May 10, 1960 in Dublin, Ireland. His parents are Irish and Bobby. The lead singer and occasional guitarist in U2, an Irish rock band, resides in Dublin, Ireland. He is 42.

Bono is my hero because he tries to help people in whatever way he can. He donates part of his money to charities to help his cause. Bono started DATA. DATA stands for Debt, AIDS, and Trade in Africa. He also founded ONE. ONE is his goal to end world poverty. He has met with world leaders such as the Pope and George W. Bush to discuss these problems. Bono uses music to make political statements. An example is the song, "Sunday Bloody Sunday." It is about the Catholic's and Protestant's conflict in northern Ireland.

Some of U2's best-selling albums are All That You Can't Leave Behind and How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb. Bono is my hero because of what he does, not because of what he is (musician).

Debt, AIDS, Trade, Africa (DATA) - aims to raise awareness about, and spark response to the crises swamping Africa: unpayable Debts, uncontrolled spread of AIDS, and unfair Trade rules which keep Africans poor.
ONE - aims to help Americans raise their voice as ONE against the emergency of AIDS and extreme poverty, so that decision makers will do more to save millions of lives in the poorest countries.