LESSON RESOURCE

Environmental Film Selections for High School Students

Students watch a selection of curated films from the MY HERO Multimedia Library to enhance learning at home and school. 

Rainforest Action

By: Will Parrinello
In 2020 Nemonte received the prestigious Goldman Environmental Prize and was named to Time Magazine’s Top 100, its annual list of the 100 most influential people in the world.

A Volatile Habitat

Produced by:Mill Valley Film Group

Rodrique Katembo, a park ranger went undercover to document information about bribery and corruption in the quest to drill for oil in Virunga National Park (Democratic Republic of Congo)

Protecting the Amazon by Advancing Indigenous Rights

PAUL PAZ Y MINO

Since 1996, Amazon Watch has protected the rainforest and advanced the rights of indigenous peoples in the Amazon Basin. 

Mother of All Rivers

Produced by:Will Parrinello

Berta Cáceres rallied indigenous Lenca people to protest that successfully pressured the government of Honduras and the world's largest dam builder to withdraw from building the Agua Zarca Dam.

One Woman Roadblock

Produced by:Mill Valley Film Group

A former tribal chief, Marilyn Baptiste led her native community in defeating proposed gold and copper mines that would have destroyed Fish Lakea source of spiritual identity and livelihood for her people.

An Inconvenient Youth - Cancun

Produced by:Slater Jewell-Kemker

Youth activists are exasperated by a lack of action from world leaders regarding climate change.

Protecting Blue Whales and Blue Skies

Michael Hanrahan

Government agencies, non-profits, and private industry come together to solve the problem of commercial ships causing air pollution and whale strikes in the Santa Barbara Channel.

Racing Extinction [Trailer]

Produced by:Dir. Louie Psihoyos

"Racing Extinction" will change the way we see the world and our role within it.

360 Coral Reefs - Live below the surface

By: Hendrik S. Schmitt

Join us on a journey through the Coral Triangle and its magnificent coral reefs. 

For Additional Resources and Lesson Plans, Go to the MY HERO Lesson Plan Center

Lesson Plan Center

Students can share their Hero Essays, Films and Art through our Create Program

How to use MY HERO's Create Program to Publish Stories, Art, Film and Audio for Students

Tutorial for students: Publish written stories, film, original artwork and audio in MY HERO's multimedia library.

Create Program

Outstanding essays submitted to MY HERO will be considered for a certificate/t-shirt prize or be featured on the Story Homepage.

Submit your artwork to be entered in the MY HERO art contest or to be exhibited on our Gallery Homepage.

Students can submit their films for free with a waiver to the MY HERO International Film Festival.

Learn about a New Hero Every Day of the Year: Use the MY HERO Calendar in the Classroom

Organizer created on 3/13/2020 9:01:57 AM by Laura Nietzer

Last edited 10/25/2023 12:06:11 AM by Rachel Priebe