Hedge Hero

Dir. Lauren Hammond | Short | 2016 | USA | 2:30

Password: fsufilm; When his friend is taken by a dastardly serpent chef, Ned the hedgehog must gather the courage to become the superhero he’s always been inside.

<
>

Picture of How Far I Want to Go
How Far I Want to Go
Picture of Trashonauts
Trashonauts
A tired and grumpy space garbage man happens upon a magnetic alien puppy that changes his life forever.
Picture of The Bench
The Bench
Picture of Who Rules the Earth?
Who Rules the Earth?
Picture of Dreams Come True
Dreams Come True
Picture of The President, the Peanut and the Pulpit
The President, the Peanut and the Pulpit
Picture of My Brother
My Brother
Picture of The Hero's Journey
The Hero's Journey
The Hero’s Journey | Is my graduation project for the University HKU | Image and Media Technology Since the beginning of time people are fascinated by stories of hero’s. But did you know there is a fundamental structure that's lies beneath all these tales of fantasy. Joseph Campbell, a famous mythologist, was the first to discover similarities within all ancient myths. He called it the Monomyth. According to him there are 17 stages in which every hero has to walk through one way or the other. Christopher Vogler a Hollywood development executive was inspired by the writings of Campbell. He wrote his own adaptation guide for hollywood screenwriters. In the hero’s journey his 12 stages are visualized by using iconic blockbuster movies that follow the same structure of storytelling.
Picture of #AnywhereIsSafer
#AnywhereIsSafer
A short animation set to the words of Warsan Shire's 'Home' – a poem about the experience of refugees fleeing untold atrocities in the countries.
Picture of Color Blind
Color Blind
This documentary focuses around two characters (black person and white person, same gender and age) walking towards each other, who may not hold explicit racist beliefs but have implicit biases, a bias that one is not really aware of and may be socially constructed. The film explores how people stereotype and instantly react to people with different skin color due to implicit biases. As they near each other, they unknowingly stereotype the other person, and become nervous. This encounter plays out, along with news footage, etc that may have caused these people to have these implicit biases. Interviews with experts will explain the situation between the two people, along with interviews before and after people take the Race IAT, an online test which measures implicit bias. In the end, the two people bump into each other and drop their books. Rather than the worse-case scenario they were predicting, they help each other pick up their books and realize they are the same book. Not only were they fine all along, but they realize that their implicit bias misguided them.
Picture of The Present
The Present
Jake spends most of his time playing videogames indoors until his mum decides to give him a present.
Picture of Hedge Hero
Hedge Hero
When his friend is taken by a dastardly serpent chef, Ned the hedgehog must gather the courage to become the superhero he’s always been inside.
Picture of The Dragon's Scale
The Dragon's Scale
Picture of Broken
Broken
Living an empty, meaningless life in a nursing home, Evelyn meets the man who broke her heart decades ago. She will now have the chance to find out why he did what he did, however, he might not be able to recognize her due to his dementia.
Picture of The Waste Picker
The Waste Picker
A discarded bottle has a purpose.
Picture of My Own Worst Hero
My Own Worst Hero
A young man identifies with the villain after watching a silent film.
Picture of Invisible
Invisible
Set deep in the rain forest during a school dance, a shy chameleon seeks the attention of his crush. Unfortunately he is so nervous that he can’t help but turn invisible.
Picture of Piero
Piero
My final project for my avant-garde class. Fall 2015, UC Berkeley. Final cut completed on Piero's 37th birthday.
Picture of The Barefoot Lawyers of Uganda
The Barefoot Lawyers of Uganda
This is the story of Winnie, a woman who stood up for herself and used her legal rights to overcome a multitude of hardships.
Picture of People Like Us
People Like Us
The children are our future, even ones borrowed.