The Institute for Advancing Unity/The Working Group
Azim Khamisa: The Tool of Forgiveness
7:45
Sorry, your browser does not support inline SVG. Sorry, your browser does not support inline SVG.

Azim Khamisa: The Tool of Forgiveness

The Institute for Advancing Unity/The Working Group | Documentary | 2011 | USA | 7:45

A father whose son is killed in a shooting finds it in himself to forgive the family of the teen who murdered his son. He goes on to create foundation in his son's memory, the Tariq Khamisa Foundation, raises awareness and engages youth to resist a culture of violence and learn to live in harmony with one another.

<
>

7:56
I Paint, I Protest: Mary Perry Stone
'Why don’t you just paint pretty pictures?' a woman once asked the artist Mary Perry Stone.
Films about Peace
Films from the MY HERO archive celebrating those working for peace.
5:18
Us and Us_
A look at dehumanization through the eyes of a black teen and the history of genocides.
5:09
Upstanders:The Mosque Across the Street
What happens when a mosque moves across the street from a church in the Bible Belt?
5:09
Upstanders: The Mosque Across the Street
2:20
The Apology [Trailer]
3:00
MY HERO Project spotlight on Trey Carlisle
Meet 2016 Emerging Artist Trey Carlisle.
8:08
Mitu
10:08
MY HERO Pilot 2016
The MY HERO Project presents... Hosted by Kayla Briët Guest reporter Trey Carlisle
4:03
Hard Times
8:34
Post-war Machismo: Be a Man
At 15, Dragan Kisin was beating kids up, drinking, and getting in all sorts of trouble. His father had left home to avoid gambling debts, and his mother was in despair. Then Dragan joined the Be a Man club in Bosnia and Herzegovina's Banja Luka. He is now a community leader and non-violence advocate.
9:09
NOW I AM A REFUGEE
Europe is facing the worst refugee crisis since World War II. Millions of people are fleeing from armed conflicts and destabilised regimes. Knowing they may never be able to return home, many have decided to set out on the dangerous and perilous journey for a new life in Europe.
3:05
Inheriting War [Trailer]
4:38
PASAPALABRA - WHISPERER
7:56
The Hope Project
5:42
Veteran Kids
This short documentary film is a piece of the project, called Veteran Kids. In this short film, children from Indiana discuss what it is like to have a parent go to war. This short film is a part of the 'A Child's Guide to War' project.
12:00
Breath
In the middle of a war a fetus is dreaming about the word that it wants to come…
4:16
Amai's Paintings of Peace
Amai's Paintings of Peace is a tribute to the children of the Army Public School who were martyred by terrorists. Children from Fazilia Trust School, Taxila, Khaldunia High, Alfarabi Islamic School, Nilor, Sunday school of Universal Gospel Assembly church in Faisal Colony Islamabad, Gandhara School and Pehli Kiran School, painted murals in the memory of APS children. These paintings were then animated to give images of 'Hope ' and 'Resilience'.
1:05
#AnywhereIsSafer
A short animation set to the words of Warsan Shire's 'Home' – a poem about the experience of refugees fleeing untold atrocities in the countries.
Ron Kovic and Robert Scheer at Gallery
Ron speaks about his art with friend Robert Scheer.