Visit our Facebook Visit our Twitter

MY HERO Sponsor logos

Sponsorship Information
SPONSORSHIP TIERS GOALS
EXISTING SPONSORS TRAFFIC
IMPORTANCE BEYOND BORDERS
MISSION CONTRIBUTIONS

Download the MY HERO Annual Report [PDF]  
  View film about MY HERO  
  Read what the press is saying about MY HERO  
  Download the 2010 International Film Festival Program  
  Click here to download the 2011 Film Festival Call for Entries  

MISSION

MY HERO uses media and technology to celebrate the best of humanity and to empower people of all ages to realize their own potential to effect positive change.

GOALS

In a time of intense budget cutting at all levels of education, The MY HERO Project ("MY HERO") provides free educational media technology tools to individuals and to classrooms around the world. MY HERO gives young people a way to identify and develop positive role models in exploring the lives of people in their communities and in the world who contribute to improving society. We build our participants' communication and technology skills and prepare them for the future. Our programs facilitate cooperative and small group learning circles comprised of students in various countries to engage people in the production of positive media and promote a sense of global citizenship.

WEBSITE TRAFFIC, DEMOGRAPHICS AND GROWTH POTENTIAL

The 2011–2012, fiscal year brought 12,166,301 visitors from 194 countries to the MY HERO website, including schools, homes and libraries.

Over 270,000 visitors used MY HERO's Teacher's Room to access lesson plans and other educational resources. (www.myhero.com/TeachersRoom).

MY HERO’s online teacher survey indicates that more than 33% of participating students were from low-income families and 10% of students using the programs had disabilities.

The MY HERO website hosts a huge digital archive of stories, art and films that continues to grow.

MY HERO is supported by a growing team of educators committed to promoting global learning throughout the United States and in foreign countries.

REACHING BEYOND BORDERS

Since 1995, The MY HERO Project has offered young people the tools to identify their heroes and share their inspirations with a global learning community that promotes peace, tolerance, ecological responsibility and global citizenship. The MY HERO Project's multimedia cognitive tools and Web authoring programs have been applied across interdisciplinary curricula to build skills in communication, project management, research, critical thinking and new media literacy. MY HERO's technology-based resources facilitate both individualized learning and collaborations to improve students' learning capacity, particularly among traditionally disadvantaged groups. Educators report that students who show behavioral problems and struggle to communicate effectively shine most on MY HERO projects.

The MY HERO Project has gained international recognition at the American Pavilion of the Cannes Film Festival, the Stockholm Challenge Awards, International Education and Resource Network Conferences, the ChildNet Awards, the Webby Awards, and other conferences around the world.

Hundreds of educational websites link to the MY HERO website.

Thanks to a generous in-kind donation from Google Ad words, the “MY HERO” web site has the number one spot on the Google search engine.

THE IMPORTANCE OF MY HERO'S INTERNATIONAL SHORT FILM FESTIVAL

Since 2005, The MY HERO International Short Film Festival has honored talented, socially and environmentally conscious filmmakers before a global audience. Winning films are screened on The MY HERO Project's website. (myhero.com/winners)

Student and Professional filmmakers from around the world join the MY HERO community at an Awards Ceremony held each year at the University of Southern California's School of Cinematic Arts.

All winning films are showcased online for millions of visitors to share in classrooms, homes and community centers. The film festival produces a rich online media archive that continues to educate, engage and inspire visitors of all ages. (www.myhero.com/films)

HOW CONTRIBUTIONS ARE USED
  • Sponsorship funds support the work of Media Arts Educators who plan and curate the Festival.
  • Sponsorship funds support MY HERO's media arts workshops and mentorships to assist students in producing short films.
  • Sponsorship funds allow MY HERO to bring young filmmakers from the USA and other countries to the Festival to gain recognition and collaborate with other filmmakers and heroes seeking to make a positive contribution to our world.
Your sponsorship of the International Short Film Festival is a direct investment in the education of our nation's youth.

HELPING US BUILD A GLOBAL LEARNING COMMUNITY
International Short Film Festival Sponsors

The film festival is made possible by the generous support of the following donors:
Big View Pictures, Inc.
Google Ad Words
University of Southern California, School of Cinematic Arts
The Seedling Foundation

Featured Sponsors:
Dorothy Meyers
  Festival Sponsors:
Algers Thompson
Ken Koslow
Jeanne Meyers
James Pelts Family
Sandra and Kenneth Malamed

Prize Sponsors:
Quiksilver Foundation
LRG (Lifted Research Group, Inc)
Sorenson Media
Wacom
Crumpler
Plasq-Comic Life
Sorenson Media
Kingston Technology
  In-Kind Donors:
USC School of Cinematic Arts
Chris Cain
Big View Pictures, Inc.
Google Grants
Citrix
Barracuda

Special Award Donors:
Ron Kovic, The Ron Kovic Peace Prize Kathy and Amy Eldon, The Dan Eldon Activist Award
Life Giving Moments, The Engage Award
One World One Ocean, The Sylvia Earle Ocean Conservation Award

Special thanks are extended to Dean Elizabeth Daly at The University of Southern California School of Cinematic Arts for her ongoing support of this project. Our great appreciation also goes to Chris Cain for his generous donation of time to our film festival.

IF YOU SHARE OUR GOALS OF INSPIRING, EDUCATING AND EMPOWERING PEOPLE OF ALL AGES, WE HOPE YOU WILL SUPPORT THE MY HERO PROJECT TODAY BY SPONSORING OUR INTERNATIONAL SHORT FILM FESTIVAL. WE NEED AND APPRECIATE YOUR SUPPORT!

The MY HERO International Short Film Festival Sponsorship Tiers Back to top

Premier Gold Sponsor $15,000-$25,000

This premier level of sponsorship provides corporations or organizations with optimal branding, promotional and networking opportunities.
  • Recognition as a Premier Gold Sponsor in the MY HERO online Screening Room (myhero.com/films; over 300,000 annual visitors) and the Film Festival Sponsors page for one year* (myhero.com/festivalsponsors)
  • Recognition in the Film Festival program, signage and press releases
  • Prominently presented on educational DVDs
  • 15 second spot at the Awards Ceremony
  • Full page color advertisement in the Film Festival program
  • Ten VIP seats at the Awards Ceremony
Featured Sponsor $7,000-$10,000
  • Recognition as a Featured Sponsor on the MY HERO Screening Room web page for six months and the Film Festival Sponsors page for six months*
    (myhero.com/films; over 300,000 annual visitors)(myhero.com/festivalsponsors)
  • Half page color advertisement in the Film Festival program
  • Five VIP seats at the Awards Ceremony
Supporting Sponsor $3,000-$5,000
  • Recognition as a Supporting Sponsor in a large banner on the Film Festival Sponsor page for one year* (myhero.com/festivalsponsors)
  • Recognition in the Film Festival program
  • Quarter page color advertisement in the Film Festival program
  • Two VIP seats at the Awards Ceremony
Festival Sponsor $500-$2,000
  • Recognition as a Festival Sponsor in a small logo on the Film Festival Sponsor page for one year*
    (myhero.com/festivalsponsors)
  • Business card color advertisement in the Film Festival program
Prize Sponsor $500-$2,000

Contribute an in-kind donation of goods or services valued at over $500 as prizes for award-winning filmmakers and receive company and or individual recognition on the Film Festival Sponsor page for one year (myhero.com/festivalsponsors).
* Please note that all online recognition will link to a company’s homepage.

The MY HERO Project is tax exempt under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Service Code.
Donations to our nonprofit project are tax deductible to the extent of the law.

©2013 The My Hero Project, Inc. All rights reserved. Technical errors or questions? support@myheroproject.org

.