Alfred Nobel

by Nick from Colorado

<a href=http://www.villanobel.provincia.imperia.it/VersioneInglese/Nobel_files/Alfred.jpg>Alfred Nobel</a> when he was a young man
Alfred Nobel when he was a young man

Alfred Nobel was a heroic person to me. He was born on October 21, 1833, in Stockholm, Sweden, and died on December 10, 1896. Alfred was the inventor of dynamite and he also established a trust fund for the Nobel Prize. I think Alfred Nobel is heroic because he an intelligent man, he was inspiring, and giving.

I think that Alfred was intelligent because for one he invented dynamite and many safer versions of dynamite. Through the invention of dynamite, Alfred earned 355 patents. Alfred was also intelligent because he was a scientist, inventor, and entrepreneur; he also spoke fluently in several languages. Alfred was intelligent also for the fact that he did all of his studying on his own and he never took any college or university exams.

<a href=http://spaceformusic.com/symposium2000/images/nobelcoin.jpg>The Nobel Prize Coin</a>
The Nobel Prize Coin

I think that Alfred is inspiring because he established his own factory that produced dynamite. His factory exported dynamite to other countries in Europe, America, and Australia. Alfred was inspiring because he became very successful in his industrial and business ventures. Alfred was also inspiring because he founded factories and laboratories in 90 different places that were in more than 20 countries. He also became the richest man in Europe.

I also think Alfred is heroic because he was giving. I say Alfred is giving because he left a large amount of his wealth to the establishment of the Nobel Prize. Alfred did this to honor and award outstanding achievements in physics, chemistry, medicine, and literature and peace. Alfred was giving also because much of his research was to bring world peace. He did this because he was interested in social and peace related issues.

In conclusion to my research on Alfred Nobel, I really think he is intelligent inspiring and giving. If Alfred was still alive I think that he would invent many good things.

The History of the Nobel Prize - Decribes Alfred Nobel's will
Alfred Nobel - His Bibliography