Emery Kugonza

by Sekyanzi Mugagga from KAMPABITS School of Design, Kampala, Uganda

Emery Kugonza at the left
Emery Kugonza at the left

EMERY KUGONZA is the executive director of EMESCO DEVELOPMENT FOUNDATION . A brief introduction about EMESCO DEVELOPMENT FOUNDATION:

"The EMESCO Development Foundation is a Ugandan non-governmental organisation (NGO) formed in 1998 by concerned local community members to improve the standard of living of poor and disadvantaged communities living in Kibaale District, mid western Uganda. EMESCO focuses on agriculture, health, water and sanitation and the environment as well as supporting primary education activities."

REASONS WHY EMERY KUGONZA IS MY HERO:

EDUCATION.
During my primary level we were studying under tree shades that was in 1997 at Nyaburungi Primary School, we were had no toilets which which brought about diseases like vomiting, stomach pain where two fellows of mine died but Emery Kugonza he is the only one who came up with an idea of constructing good latrines, good class room blocks. which saved my life. Really, I am alive because of him, may the almighty God bless him.

MY SPIRIT OF INNOVATION.
Emery Kugonza is the one who promoted my spirit of innovation through his facts and sense programs over radio Kagadi Kibaale community radio, where he said that as a youth he always work towards being a job maker other than a job seeker. I am now making soap (laundry bar soap, liquid, powder and skin soap), sugar, candles and school chalk because of his words which sent me into deep research. I am now teaching my fellow youth all those projects mentioned above in order to offset poverty right away from their household level because of Emery Kugonza.

WATER AND SANITATION.
In our community we were sharing water points with animals, but Emery Kugonza constructed spring wells at a free cost just for the good of the community which improved the standards of living of the communities in the mid-western region of Uganda.

MY HEALTH.
Emery Kugonza established many health centers in this region and yet formally we had only one hospital (Kagadi Hospital). By doing all those he really qualifies to be my community hero. May GOD PROTECT HIM.

OUR PARTNERS- EMESCO DEVELOPMENT FOUNDATION.

I was born on 06/11/1988 in Kibaale District, mid-western region of Uganda. The later was born from a small peasant poor family but due to my high level of innovation I have been able to pay school fees by myself and I am now at Kampabits School of Design doing information computer technology and entrepreneurship,

I am the only youth who came up with an idea of soap, sugar, and candlemaking in this region, due to my high demand of creating jobs for myself and all the the world.

I am cooperative, productive, and have high skills of innovation.