“Do you know what friendship is... it is to be brother and sister; two souls which touch without mingling, two fingers on one hand.” ~ Victor Hugo

FAMILY HERO:
JILLIAN
by Rachel from Glenbrook

Jillian and Me (Family Photo)

Everyone has a different opinion of what makes a hero. In my opinion, a hero is someone who has affected another’s life in a miraculous way. My hero is my sister Jillian. She is always there for me and is the best listener in the world. I can trust her with any of my secrets. My sister lives with me in Massachusetts. Jillian was born missing a part of her brain. She has struggled her whole life with activities we take for granted such as writing and walking. She’s always determined to succeed in whatever she does.

Jillian never complains about anything. She sometimes gets made fun of at school and still remains happy and determined to be the best person she can be. I admire my sister so much because of her courage.

Love-Heart
The day my sister was born was one of the best days in my life. Having a sister is like living with a best friend all the time. Jillian is probably the most trustworthy person in the world. She never spills anyone's secrets. Jillian is also really compassionate. If I’m upset, she will come over to me and cheer me up and give me advice. Jillian is a true best friend, and my hero.

My sister has taught me so much about life. She has taught me to always have hope and never give up. If Jillian can learn to read, then anyone can. I’m so proud of my sister Jillian and all of her accomplishments. Jillian is my best friend, my sister, and my hero.

Written by Rachel from Glenbrook

More Featured Family Heroes

.