MUSICIAN HERO:
JIMMY PAGE
by Missy from Hobart

My hero is Jimmy Page. He is the greatest guitar player ever known. He was born James Patrick Page on January 9th, 1944 in Heston, Middlesex, England.

He first picked up a guitar when he was a small child. He performed and recorded with several bands in the early sixties including Carter Lewis & the Southerners and Neil Christian & the Crusaders. His first taste of success came with an early session in 1963 that reached #1, "Diamonds" by Jet Harris & Tony Meehan, featuring Page on guitar.

Soon after, he became one of the hottest session guitarists in the U.K. The formation of Led Zeppelin in the summer of 1968 would bring unparalleled success. Through Led Zepplin, Page could unleash his playing and songwriting in a variety of styles like blues, folk, Indian etc.

He now lives in Califonia, is married, and has kids. He continues to work in the music business also.

It would take volumes to properly delve into Page's extraordinary career. Needless to say, he's inspired me and countless others to start playing guitar. This is why hes my hero.

Written by Missy from Hobart

Jimmy Page Online

Led Zeppelin.com

More Featured Musician Heroes

.