WRITER HERO:
LOUISA MAY ALCOTT
by Wendy

One of the most well known authors in the world, Louisa May Alcott, wrote these beloved novels: Little Women, Little Men, Jo's Boys, and many others.

Louisa May Alcott was born on November 29, 1832 in Germantown, Pennsylvania and died on March 6, 1888 in Concord, Massachusetts. As she grew older, Alcott thought the idea of slavery was wrong. Also, she believed in women's rights. Miss Alcott preferred not to get married. "I'd rather be a free spinster and paddle my own canoe," she said. Freedom was important to Louisa May Alcott. Miss Alcott said this because she wanted a private life and did not want to get married.

Louisa May Alcott lived in Concord for most of her life, where she wrote her books. She wrote books for adults, but as time passed she began to write for children too. Today, we remember Louisa May Alcott for the many books that have given her readers much enjoyment.

Written by Wendy from St. Paul

The Orchard House A good website to learn about the books of Louisa May Alcott

Little Women, Louisa May Alcott: Home Page This is wonderful site to learn about Louisa May Alcott.

Bibliomania free world literature online

More Featured Writer Heroes

.