Party Report

by Lisa Farber
Laguna Beach Independent

AT THE 4th ANNUAL "MY HERO PROJECT", "LAGUNA HERO FEST", there was promise and hope for a better future and a more beautiful present, as the numerous contributions and achievements of several outstanding members of our community were put on display, honored and celebrated.

(l-r) Bartenders Mike and Matt
(l-r) Bartenders Mike and Matt

Seven-Degrees provided the perfect venue for the annual event by expertly catering delicious food and beverages as well as providing the technology required to view the program of short films. The main themes of the community and local student films shed light on the importance of caring for and respecting our earth and water resources.

Stuart Perlman Band
Stuart Perlman Band

Recipients of the evening's awards included Stu Saffer of Stu's News Laguna, Chip McDermott of Zero Trash Laguna, James Pribram, Eco Warrior, Jon rose for Waves for Water: Haiti 2011 and lastly, Laguna's very own Academy Award winning filmmaker Greg Macgillivray and wife Barbara for their global One World One Ocean Campaign.

(l-r) Wendy Milette, Director of Media Arts Education <br>Jeanne Meyers, Executive Director & Co-Founder
(l-r) Wendy Milette, Director of Media Arts Education
Jeanne Meyers, Executive Director & Co-Founder

This new found knowledge of my fellow Lagunans/Lagunians not only inspired, but uplifted me enough to take to the dance floor and groove to the tunes of the Stuart Perlman Band before calling it a night!

Lisa Farber is Editor-In-Chief of Laguna Beach Times

Much love and appreciation to all involved who have truly taken the time and effort to make a difference in our world!

2011 Laguna Hero Fest - Learn more about the event, this year's and previous years' winners, plust artwork and pictures from the Laguna Hero Fest
Laguna Beach Independent - Read the local newspaper online and find out what's going on around our community
One World One Ocean - One World One Ocean campaign is a movement to restore and protect the health of the world's oceans
Waves for Water: HAITI 2011 - Humanitarian Jon Rose brings clean water to the people of Haiti.
ECO Warrior 2011 - James Pribram, the Eco Warrior shares his passion for the environment on a visit to the Gulf after the Oil Spill