July 18 #45; Nelson Mandela Day #45; Celebration

A Celebration of Nelson Mandela's Life

In honor of his amazing life, The MY HERO Project in partnership with Creative Visions Foundation will celebrate Nelson Mandela on July 18th at the Herb Alpert Educational Village in Santa Monica. The event will take place in the Ann and Jerry Moss Theater located in the Capshaw-Spielberg Center for Arts and Educational Justice. Short films, art, live music will help bring together a moving tribute to this great man, whose brave and peaceful walk to freedom has inspired people around the world. The event is open to the public.

July 18th from 7:30-9:30 pm
at the Herb Alpert Educational Village

Stories

Nelson Mandela

By: Jeff Trussell
Nelson Mandela was a peacemaker and a freedom hero.

My Father, Rupfure Thomas, and Nelson Mandela

By: Paul Rusesabagina
My Father, Rupfure Thomas & Nelson Mandela and Rupfure Thomas are heroes to lifesaver Paul Rusesabagina.

Nelson Mandela

By: Raffi
Nelson Mandela Children's troubadour Raffi writes about his hero, Nelson Mandela.

Nelson Mandela
By: Muhammad Ali
Nelson Mandela is Muhammad Ali's hero because he understands what it means to fight against enormous odds.

Mr. Nelson Mandela

By: Abdullahi from<br> Freetown, Sierra Leone
My Hero – Mr. Nelson Mandela

Nelson Mandela's village of Qunu, prayers and well-wishes

By: Brian Hayward <br> Contributor of The Christian Science Monitor<br> <h5>Perm...
Residents of Qunu in the rural Eastern Cape offered up prayers for the health of former South African president Nelson Mandela on Sunday.

Art

Nelson Mandela by Cole Halbert of Canada

By: Cole Halbert of Toronto, Canada

Mandela at Large

By: Michael Mahue Moore

Lincoln Bicentennial Hero: Nelson Mandela

By: Fary from Dakar

NELSON MANDELA

By: Dulce

Nelson Mandela

By: Omar Conteras

Fight Against Apartheid

By: Justice Antley-Bond

Nelson Mandela: An Inspiration by Scott So

By: Scott So

Helen Suzman

By: Hayden, BlackMichel, Bells

Nelson Mandela

By: Chehalie Hughes

Film

Mandela Music Video

Producer: Marcel Henderson
Celebrating the incredible life and passion of this devoted world leader who stands for peace.

Global Tribe
Visit to Robben Island

Producer: Kathy Eldon<br>Tom McMahon<br>Co-producer Amy Eldon
Creative Visions is a media organization that seeks to enable individuals to think globally and to act locally, or not so locally, to unite in making positive change for the planet and Her people.

Nelson Mandela

Produced by:Mauricio Salgado Arenas and Rafael Galarza Morales of Crafts School,...
Images and thoughts about Nelson Mandela's dedication to peace in the world.

Nobel Laureate Desmond Tutu, who won the Peace Prize in 1984, shares his inspiration with us.
Nobelity: Desmond Tutu

Links

Organizer created on 7/18/2012 9:41:51 AM by Becky Miller

Last edited 12/26/2018 1:20:14 PM by Anthony Pouw