Celebrating the best of humanity, one story at a time.
Visit our Facebook Visit our Twitter

Sign
View
Search

Daria from Donduseni , DONDUSENI  Moldova - 4/26/2017 at 8:59:56 AM.
My hero is: Vincent Lamar. Vincent Lamar "Vince" Carter (born January 26, 1977) is an American professional basketball player for the Memphis Grizzlies of the National Basketball Association (NBA). He is 6 feet 6 inches (1.98 m) tall and plays both shooting guard and small forward. A high school McDonald's All-American, Carter played three years at the University of North Carolina. While there, he twice reached the Final Four of the NCAA Tournament before being selected as the fifth overall pick in the 1998 NBA draft by the Golden State Warriors, who traded him to the Toronto Raptors. He won the 1999 NBA Rookie of the Year Award and won the Slam Dunk Contest at the 2000 NBA All-Star Weekend. That summer, he represented the United States in the Summer Olympics, winning a gold medal. He quickly emerged as a league star, entertaining crowds with his leaping ability and slam dunks, earning him nicknames such as "Vinsanity", "Air Canada", and "Half-Man, Half-Amazing". He led the Raptors to their first three playoff appearances. In 2004, he was traded to the New Jersey Nets, and he helped lead them to three playoff berths. In July 2009, Carter was traded to the Orlando Magic, and helped them advance to the Eastern Conference Finals before being traded to the Phoenix Suns in December 2010. He joined the Mavericks in 2011 and the Grizzlies in 2014. An eight-time NBA All-Star, Carter is one of only four players, along with Kobe Bryant and Hall of Famers Julius Erving and Michael Jordan, to lead the NBA All-Star Game fan voting more than three times. Carter scored his 20,000th career point in 2011, becoming the 37th player in league history to do so. Carter is also one of six players in NBA history to average at least 20 points, 4 rebounds and 3 assists per game in 10 straight seasons and was the fifth player in NBA history to record at least 2,000 career three-pointers. Off the court, Carter established his Embassy of Hope Foundation, assisting children and their families in Florida, New Jersey and Toronto. He was recognized in 2000 as Child Advocate of the Year by the Children's Home Society, and received the Florida Governor's Points of Light award in 2007 for his philanthropy in his home state.

Nickita from Donduseni, DONDUSENI Moldova - 4/25/2017 at 3:12:37 PM.
My hero is: Van Gogh. My hero is Van Gogh.He painted beautiful drawings.Most of all I like his picture "Starry Night". I like this artist because he does not have pictures like eveyone else.That's why he's my hero

Brenda Cates from blue springs, MO USA- 4/22/2017 at 12:43:35 PM.
My hero is: First Lt Douglas Ferguson. I was in fifth grade. My family wanted to be involved . We went out and donated and received MIA and POW bracelets to wear. The young man on my bracelet never came home. And years after his parents died his remains were finally brought home. I still have that bracelet and will always have it. Every single young boy that was sent to that terrible place is a hero. And all the veterans from previous wars. Thank you Ron for your books and your truth!

Jessica from Dublin, OHIO USA- 4/20/2017 at 3:27:57 PM.
My hero is: My grandpa, Don. A hero doesn’t have to be able to fly, or have mind reading powers. I think that a hero is someone who is brave, always thinks of others before themselves, perseveres, looks on the bright side and has love in their heart. My grandpa, Don, showed all of these characteristics throughout his life. When my grandpa was a child, his parents worked in a small bakery. He loved to run and he was one of the fastest of his friends. When he was about ten years old, he was diagnosed with Polio. Polio is a disease that attacks your nerves. It makes you very sick. In some cases it can make you paralyzed. My grandpa was paralyzed in his back and legs. He was in and out of the hospital for over a year. But he didn’t let that ruin his life. He went to college and became an accountant. Getting Polio was definitely not a good thing, but some good did come out of it. If he didn’t get Polio, he might not have gone to college. The reason he was able to go to college is because his aunt helped pay for it since he couldn’t work a job like his parents. Going to college opened up a lot of new opportunities for him. As an adult, he married my grandma, took care of 3 children and worked as an accountant. When he got older, he unfortunately developed heart failure. He was back in the hospital. He was in the hospital for years. Eventually he was able to go home but he was still sick. He died at home one night. We were all sad that he was gone but happy that he had had a long and full life. My grandpa was one of the bravest people I knew. Once when I was a baby, we went to visit my grandparents. My grandpa didn’t know that I knew how to go down stairs. I was walking down the basement stairs when my grandpa saw me. He cared about me so much that he was about to push himself out of his wheelchair and fall to catch me. This demonstrates three characteristics of a hero. This shows that he is brave, always thinks of others before himself and that he has so much love. When he was in the hospital for holidays because of his heart failure, we would visit him. You could either say that it’s sad he has to be in a hospital for holidays, or you could say that it’s happy that we got to visit him. He always chose to see the happy side of it. This shows that he always looks on the bright side of things. Before my grandpa got Polio, he loved to run and was very fast. Once he got Polio he couldn’t do it anymore. But that didn’t stop him from anything. When he was in college, he played on a wheelchair basketball team. This shows that he doesn’t let his disabilities stop him, and that he perseveres. My grandpa is my hero. He was an amazing person who showed all of these characteristics and much more. He did some great things and affected so many people throughout his life.

Lera from ,  Moldova- 4/19/2017 at 4:14:55 PM.
My hero is: My hero is Harry Potter. Since the year Harry Potter was introduced to the world, he has become one of the most popular characters in the history of literature. He is adored by everyone I know: children, adults and even some elderly people. This orphaned boy has to live with his unpleasant relatives, because he’s lost his parents. He attends the Hogwarts School where they teach him different magical tricks. In fact, it’s a place where he studies wizardry. In total, there are seven books about the boy, all written by an incredibly gifted author - Joanne K. Rowling. In most chapters he fights the evil Voldemort, who was responsible for the death of his parents. All books were pictured on the screen and I should say that the films are as interesting as books. In fact, Harry has two best friends as stated in the story. Their names are Hermione and Ron. Some people prefer reading the books, but I liked the movies more. There are many moving moments there, such as Harry’s dance with Hermione, friends’ support in hard times, etc. Thanks to J. K. Rowling the story is impactful and catchy. I’m sure it brightened many children’s life. “Harry Potter” books were written for people of any religion, race or nationality. Perhaps, that’s why it has become the world’s best-selling series. It’s important that throughout the novel the writer brings out some vital topics, such as the choices which we make in life or the directions that we take. These choices determine the individual character of the main hero. In my opinion, watching the movies or reading the books about Harry Potter, children learn many invaluable lessons. Apart from that, the story is full of humorous moments.

LALY V from Nevers, BOURGOGNE France- 4/14/2017 at 6:06:09 AM.
My hero is: My hero is Penelope Leprevost. Penelope Leprevost is a French rider. She was born on the first August 1980. In 2006, She wins her first title : Champion of France with her Horse : Karatina. In 2008, with the arrival of jubilée d'Ouilly in her club, she participates to her first Nations Cup with the French team and takes away that of Zagreb. She begins to work with Michel Robert, who becomes her mentor. Her good results allowed her to be selected for the European championships of Windsor with the same horse. En 2012, she went to Olympic Games, she had no medal because she fell, while she had been crowned vice-champion of the world in 2010. In 2013, she won the final pf the Nation Cup in teams in Barcelona. In 2014, With Flora de Mariposa (her horse) she is a vice-champion of the world by team in the World Equestrian Games. She is my hero because, there is not a lot of woman in the riding high level, furthermore I find her course exceptional. :)

Laura.F / Clara.C from Imphy, FRANCE France- 4/14/2017 at 6:00:22 AM.
My hero is: Laura Flessel. Laura Flessel-Colovic was born 1971 in Guadeloupe. She's married at Denis Colovic. She is a fencing player, and she begins fencing at the age of 6, she's french.She takes away her first successes on the world scene in 1995 by ending on the third square of the World championships of The Hague. She wins 5 Olympic medals and she is six times world champion and once champion of Europe. She's called "wasp". She is an ambassadress of the campaign Stand Up For African Mothers of the AMREF Flying Doctors, the godmother of Handicap International, Ambassadress of the NGO Plan France31 and godmother of a girl in Haiti today. Her project on the long term is to send fencing in cities and disadvantaged places. She based the Ti' Colibri association which has for vocation to promote fencing. Thanks to her action, this one was able to offer ways and equipment to clubs arranging few resources.

Cooper from Winchester, VA USA- 4/5/2017 at 10:04:33 AM.
My hero is: Grandma Penny. My grandma was named Penny and was born in 1947 in Lamesa,Texas. When she was a kid she had a kind and fun personality. Her favorite thing to do as a toddler was play with her dolls.She was kind to her and sister Candy. Candy is my great aunt with skin cancer. Penny and Candy play a lot but read a lot too. Her mom was named Memo and she was very nice. At about the age of 4, she started to read and she still loves it. When she was growing up her beloved job was being a mother. But when she grew up her first job was flight attendant but she didn’t like that job she became a 6 grade teacher. In 1977, she had my mother but at this time she was still a 6 grade teacher. She got divorced a few years later. She had a boyfriend this year but she broke up with him. I never seen that grandpa before. I only seen him when I was a baby. All I remember is that he was a college professor. But after a few years later she retired from her job and supported her daughter in college and when my mom had my brother, she started hanging out with us. Some of her heroic qualities are like how she raised two amazing kids all by herself. But the problem with her is HOW MUCH SHE TALKS!!!!

Zachary from Winchester, VA USA- 3/31/2017 at 11:50:47 AM.
My hero is: Joseph Smith. Joseph Smith is an amazing hero. He was a religious hero of the Mormon church. He was born on December 23, 1805 and died on June 27, 1844. He was the first modern day prophet of the restored Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Joseph smith grew up in a one room cabin with a huge family. When Joseph Smith was 14 he had a vision. He told his family but they didn’t have the same beliefs as him. Later on his brother Hyrum helped him. That vision he had at 14 lead him to translate the Book of Mormon. He was extremely brave, and selfless. He found the brass plates, a religious document of Mormonism. And restored the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. He had to be extremely brave to do this because many people didn’t believe what he was teaching and hated him for that. People tried to kill him he was even thrown in jail by them, some even tried to steal the brass plates. A part of the brass plates called the book of Lehi is still missing. After he got the plates and the Urim and Thummim a tool use to translate the plates, he was able to translate the plates so we can read them today. After this he started the church and taught from the book of Mormon. He also had to be selfless to teach other people while risking his own life. He died on June 27, 1844 by murder from an angry mob. He dedicated his life to sharing and protecting the Book of Mormon. That is why he is an amazing hero.

Audrey from Winchester, VA USA- 3/31/2017 at 11:49:06 AM.
My hero is: President Abraham Lincoln. Abraham Lincoln was definitely a hero. He was a very brave man. Lincoln was the 16th President from April 4, 1861 through April 15, 1865. Lincoln was brave and had courage because he led the American Revolutionary War. Also, while he led the American Revolutionary War he also was sacrificing his life, by leading it. He must of had patience during the war too, because it isn’t like he would go out and they would be waiting for him ready to fight! He was caring, and had many friends that liked him because he was nice to them. Friends, such as, Joseph Gillespie, William Seward, William Butler, Noah Brooks, and Abram Bergen. Lincoln is known for his honesty, because everyone could trust him and tell them the truth. Lincoln was really tall, his height was 6’4. That might not sound too tall, but he wore a top hat that was really tall and made him look much taller! Lincoln’s average weight was about 180 pounds! What!?! Yup, 180 pounds! Some of Lincoln’s favorite foods were, oyster stew, apples, cheese and crackers, and nuts. Lincoln managed to abolish slavery, be self educated, be part of the United States House of Representatives! He did a LOT in his life, before he was assassinated. Lincoln was assassinated on April 5, 1865 by John Wilkes Booth. He must’ve been very focused because you just CAN’T lead a war if you aren’t focused! He was selfless, because if you are leading a war, it isn’t JUST peace for you, it’s for the rest of the country you are fighting for! Abe Lincoln is one of MY heroes because he was brave.

Josie from Winchester, VA USA- 3/31/2017 at 11:46:58 AM.
My hero is: Neil Armstrong. Neil Armstrong Neil Armstrong has been an inspiration to me in several ways. He was the first man on the moon with the quote “one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind.” Neil Armstrong was born in Wapakoneta, Ohio on August 5th 1930. When he landed on the moon, it inspired people everywhere to believe they can do something if they put their mind to it. He inspired me because if someone can land on the moon in a spacesuit almost no gravity and in freezing temperatures, then I can definitely land on a radiated planet with frozen waters. (my goal is to be the first woman on mars.) Neil Armstrong passed away on August 25th, 2012 living to be 82. Neil Armstrong was brave, courageous, and daring. The reason why I say this is because he, Buzz Aldrin, and Michael Collins took a chance on not coming back from the moon. While he was on the moon Neil collected samples and took pictures. one of which was his footprint. The spaceship they used was the Apollo 11. They landed in the pacific ocean, west of Hawaii. After they landed, they were put in quarantine for 3 weeks. https://www.nasa.gov/centers/glenn/about/bios/neilabio.html http://www.biography.com/people/neil-armstrong-9188943#moon-landing

Penny from Winchester, VA USA- 3/31/2017 at 11:38:41 AM.
My hero is: Clara Barton. Clara Barton is a hero of the american Civil War for creating the American Red Cross. THe Red cross provides emergency assistance, disaster relief and education in the U.S.A. She got named “ANgel Of The battlefield”. She was not only a nurse but she was a teacher, and Patent Clerk. she never got married because she was so busy with her jobs. She was born on december 25, 1821, at North oxford massachusetts u.s.. She died on April 12, 1912, at glen Echo maryland u.s. .clara Barton's father was Captain Stephen Barton, a member of the local military and a selectman who inspired his daughter with patriotism and a broad humanitarian interest. clara’s mother was Sarah Stone Barton. clara had four siblings. Wanting to serve her country, CLARA went to the railroad station when the victims arrived and SHE nursed 40 men. When she went to the battlefield she brought a four mule team pulling a wagon of supplies for men on the battlefield, injured ones. At the beginning of the civil war, she collected and distributed supplies for the Union Army. She and her assistants received and answered over 63,000 letters and identified over 22,000 missing men. Subsequently, Barton read A Memory of Solferino, a book written by Henry Dunant, founder of the global Red Cross network. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clara_Barton http://www.pulseuniform.com/coffee-time/index.php/2016/02/01/25-famous-nurses-past-to-present-wolrds-popular-nurse-professionals/ are THE WEBSITEs I COPIED MOST INFORMATION FROM.

Miley from Winchester, VA USA- 3/31/2017 at 11:36:30 AM.
My hero is: Passengers and Crew of Flight 93. On September 11, 2001, a Boeing 757-222 was hijacked. Two other hijacked planes had been crashed into the Twin towers, and another was heading for the Pentagon. The hijackers overpowered the flight crew about 46 minutes after takeoff. Although the specific target is unknown, it is believed the hijackers were heading for the Capital Building or the White House. Several passengers and flight attendants were able to make phone calls and learned that other planes had been hijacked. Many of the passengers made an attempt to control the plane. In the process,the plane crashed into a reclaimed strip mine in Stony Township. Vice President Dick Cheney learned that flight 93 had crashed in Pennsylvania and is reported to have said “I think an act heroism just took place on that plane.” I believe he is correct. List of passengers and crew. Many people gave up their lives for others on September 11. Here is a partial list of the people who died. CHRISTIAN ADAMS LORRAINE G. BAY TODD M. BEAMER ALAN ANTHONY BEAVEN MARK BINGHAM DEORA FRANCES BODLEY SANDY WAUGH BRADSHAW MARION R. BRITTON THOMAS E. BURNETT, JR WILLIAM JOSEPH CASHMAN

Jackson from Winchester, VA USA- 3/31/2017 at 11:33:59 AM.
My hero is: Alex Morgan. Alex Morgan is a famous soccer player and sum consider her the best soccer player all time.She was born in San Dimas, California.She grew up in the town of Diamond Bar with her two sisters Jeni and Jeri. Alex attended the University of UC Berkeley there she played for the California Golden Bears starting in 2007 to 2010.Then played for the Western New York Flash. Alex played for many more teams and when they were she never lost hope this led her here.

Lauren from Winchester, VA USA- 3/31/2017 at 11:32:04 AM.
My hero is: Col William H. Dabney,USMC Rrt.. Col William H. Dabney,USMC Rrt. Commanding Officer,HQBN,HQMC,HH was born in New Brunswick, Canada on September 28 1934. His mother was Mary Hennessey Wagner and his father was Victor William Wagner but, his mother remarried Hugh Keane Dabney on May 5, 1945. He was raised in Panama and Gloucester County, Virginia. When he died, he was a retired Marine Corps. Before he died, he went on missions. He had many missions in Vietnam. He was awarded the Navy Cross. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_H._Dabney https://blog.usni.org/2012/02/15/farewell-to-a-warrior-colonel-william-h-dabney-usmc-ret

Lynnea from Winchester, VA USA- 3/31/2017 at 11:28:55 AM.
My hero is: Mary Lou Retton. Mary Lou Retton was an Olympic gymnast. In 1984 she was the first female gymnast to win gold on all around. She got a perfect 10 twice in the Olympics. The scores are decimals on how you do in your routine the highest score you can get is a 10 that is like perfect. The highest all around score you can get is a 40 and that is all 10’s it’s reallllllllllllllly hard to get! The scores are decimals on how you do in your routine the highest score you can get is a 10 unless you are in the Olympics that is like perfect. She was very strong too! She was an Olympian in 1984. A national sports survey found Mary the most famous athlete in America. She has four daughters, a husband, mother and father. She stopped doing gymnastics in 1985. She was sixteen when she was doing gymnastics. She inspired my mom because my mom did gymnastics too and she was really good! She is a hero because she inspired me because she was a gymnast and I’m one, too!

Trey from Winchester, VA USA- 3/31/2017 at 11:24:17 AM.
My hero is: Kelli Marie White. Kelli Marie White was born January 31, 1999. When she was young, her parents separated. Her mother, Jessica White later married Rick White. He adopted Kelli and became her biological father. Kelli had three schools she went to in elementary. That didn’t affect her at all. She has always had all A’s and B’s. She received a leadership award in 5th grade out of the entire grade. One thing that hurt her in school was that her BFF moved in elementary school. In high school she moved back. Kelli is currently in the National honor society. In basketball Kelli was not much different. She played AAU basketball for 8 years. In 8th grade she broke her collarbone and didn’t come back to basketball until she started high school.For sitting out for so long she won an award. She played high school basketball for Millbrook until her junior year. For her junior and senior year she played basketball for Sherando. She won MVP award at Sherando. She was one of the top rebounders in the division. She will be going to Shenandoah university and wants to master in occupational therapy. She is a great sister and role model. She is also a role model for me in basketball.

Aydin from Winchester, VA USA- 3/31/2017 at 11:22:17 AM.
My hero is: Harriet Tubman. Harriet Tubman was born in 1822(her month is unknown).She was born a slave in Dorchester Maryland.She had a major head injury when she was twelve(got hit in the head with a two pound metal weight), it made her have epileptic seizures.She escaped and became an abolitionist in 1849. She began the underground railroad in 1853.She helped fleeing slaves escape the south through many routes.Those routes led to Canada , Mexico, and the north.She is known for never losing a person in the underground railroad.She is the most well known conductor of the underground railroad. She also served as a spy in the Union army.Her intel as a spy led to the capture of JacksonVille, Florida! I never expected Harriet Tubman to be a spy! She also knew the land better than the soldiers.Harriet also told the Union where confederate troops were heading. She assisted John Brown in the planning of the raid on Harpers ferry. He called her “General Tubman!" She got freed slaves to help in the raid.John Brown was captured and his raid was unsuccessful (he was hung for his actions). In her late life she had surgery on her head.She became part of women's suffrage.

Gabe from Winchester, USA  - 3/31/2017 at 11:20:29 AM.
My hero is: John Walsh. John Walsh was born in Auburn New York, on December 26, 1945. He is 71 and is still alive today.he was raised by a supported catholic home.Walsh had an independent streak as a teen, but eventually settled down to raise a family and work as a hotel marketing executive in Hollywood, Florida.but then his son got kidnapped and murdered which made him start the missing children and fugitives program. He is my hero because he helps find missing children and missing Fugitives and put them behind bars and keep us safe.he is also my hero because he won't stop until a missing child is found and is reunited with his or her family. Also he puts missing fugitives in jail and that makes are world a better place. In his adulthood he married Revé Drew and they had 4 children.Their names are Hayden Walsh, Meghan Walsh, Callahan Walsh, and Adam Walsh.Adam Walsh was kidnap ed and was murdered so that's why he started the missing children and fugitives. The person who murdered Adam Walsh was Ottis Toole but did not face charges but later died in jail for other reasons. Where I got my info. http://www.biography.com/people/john-walsh-9542164

Kayleigh from Winchester, VA USA- 3/31/2017 at 11:12:36 AM.
My hero is: Abigail Adams. Abigail Adams is a hero because while her husband was defending their country she stood strong as a mother and advisor to John Adams. It was very hard for women at this time when their husbands went away to war to understand that they were doing the right thing. But Abigail Adams knew John Adams was a strong man doing the right thing. Abigail Adams once said:If we mean to have heroes statesmen, and philosophers we should have learned about women. This was meant to get the word out that women could do just as much as men. Abigail also thought that knowledge was good but pushing someone too hard to be someone they're not is not what we were meant to do. As a mother Abigail Adams believed that her children should know how war was affecting their lives. From this knowledge her son John Quincy Adams became the sixth president of our great United States of America. It is extremely hard to take care of kids and support a family while your husband was away at war. In a war like this where she did not even know if she would ever see her beloved husband again. She was worried sick every day. A person like Abigail Adams is a great role model to children and all people that need to stand strong and be brave. She is a women that gives me hope for the future. https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/a/abigail_adams.html http://www.notable-quotes.com/a/adams_abigail.html

Makayla from Winchester, VA USA- 3/31/2017 at 11:05:52 AM.
My hero is: Harriet Tubman. My hero is Harriet Tubman because she was a brave women who helped to free people by risking her own life. Harriet Tubman was a slave. When she was very young she had a strong belief in God. She prayed constantly for her family, herself, and even for her master. At thirteen years old she put herself in front of another slave who was about to be hit with a two pound weight. She got hit in the head and she had headaches and blackouts for the rest of her life. But she still had trust in God and freedom. Then when the plantation owner died she was sold to the deep south. Instead Harriet ran away to Pennsylvania. Harriet could have stayed safely in the north but that was not the plan God had for her. The next year she went back to free her sister and her sister’s children. During her lifetime she made more than eighteen more trips to the south. She rescued more than three hundred slaves including her whole family. In the Civil War she was a nurse, spy, and scout. I think that Harriet Tubman was an amazing woman and I hope you think the same. Harriet Tubman a hero.

Richie from Winchester, VA USA- 3/31/2017 at 11:03:39 AM.
My hero is: President Dwight Eisenhower. Eisenhower was the 34th President of the United States from 1953 until 1961. He was a five star general in the US army in World War II and served as a supreme commander of the allied expeditionary forces in Europe. In September 1955, he suffered a heart attack in Denver. Luckily, 7 weeks later the doctors reported his recovery! He died March 28, 1969 to a long illness. I chose Dwight Eisenhower because he was a five star general in World War II. I also chose him because he was the thirty fourth president of the United States. He is the second ranked U.S. president by military rank and the only president in front of him is George Washington. I would say he is a good leader and is very brave. I would also say that he is strong physically and mentally.

Faith from Winchester, VA USA- 3/31/2017 at 11:01:20 AM.
My hero is: Erica Fernandez. Erica Fernandez stood up for her community and “gave a voice to the voiceless.” Erica was born in Michoacán, Mexico and lived there until the age of 12. Then, her family migrated to the United States to Oxnard, California. Neither she nor her parents could speak English, so it was hard to make friends and communicate with people in her neighborhood. One day, a proposal of the richest coal-mining corporation (BHP Billiton) was made to build a natural liquefied gas (LNG) facility off the coast of Ventura County. It would’ve routed a 36-inch pipeline through low-income neighborhoods like Oxnard. Then, they added 10-miles to the project so they could go around richer communities and only effect Oxnard. If it had gone through, it would have produced 280 tons of pollution each year. Not only would it be bad for the health of the people living there, it would’ve affected their crops and farmland. Erica thought that it was a bad idea and didn’t like that her town was going to be polluted. So Erica joined forces with other local community organizations like the Sierra Club to stand up to BHP Billiton and stop it from going through. Erica organized protests, led marches through neighborhoods, and gathered more than 250 high school students to a rally that was critical to their success. All of Erica’s efforts became worthwhile after her speech before the California State Lands Commission which led to the creation of SB412, a bill introduced in the California Senate that entitles communities to have a say in coastal construction proposals. http://myhero.com/hero.asp?hero=Erica_Fernandez_2012

Aidan from Winchester, VA USA- 3/31/2017 at 10:59:38 AM.
My hero is: Daniel Parker. Daniel Parker has given me a lot of good qualities and set me up for later in life. A hero to me can be anything from a policemen to your parents. My dad has helped shape me and has taught me. To me that can be the definition of a hero. That is just one of his many heroic qualities though. He said his hero when he was a kid was Michael Jordan for his positive attitude and leadership. He also says, “That over time your perspective of a hero changes as you get older, and things like an NBA player doesn’t even know me and I don’t know him, and that heros when we get older will be close to us and have good characteristics.” Here is what he said his hero is now, “Jesus is, and that no human is.” One of the things he has did for us is being there for us when we're sad and down. That is being a hero because he shows he cares for us. He also gets us all the things we need from housing, clothing, and food. That shows he wants to take care of us. Another thing he does for us is watch us do stuff we like to do. That shows he isn’t selfish. Also something else he does for us is get us places we need to go and sign us up for things like basketball for example. That is a heroic quality to me, because he is taking time out of his life to do something for someone else besides him. That shows he cares about others and puts them before him. That to me is a very important heroic quality. One of his best qualities is telling me the truth, like if I get an 85 on a test when I should have gotten an 100 he’ll tell me so I can do better next time and get a hundred. That proves he wants us to do are best and he doesn’t just be like, ok good job when he knows I could do better.

Aaron from Winchester, VIRGINIA USA- 3/31/2017 at 10:57:31 AM.
My hero is: Ryan Hall. Ryan Hall was born on 10/14/1982 and is a 34 year old man, and is a hero to some people because of his hard work. If he does not do well in a race he is still satisfied with his completion of it. He holds the record for a half marathon, which is 59:43, and people think he is the perfect person to give the title to. He is a Christian and is a father of 4 daughters, and husband to Sara Hall (Bei). The 4 sisters are adopted Ethiopian children and are not Sara and Ryan’s children from birth, but the 4 sisters are never the less still happy to be with them, and Sara and Ryan are glad to have them. Ryan also never gives up and never quits a race. He his proud of who he his now, because he has completed his career of being an Olympic Runner. This is why he is so fondly looked up to. His His first run was in eighth grade on a 15 mile run on 7000 feet. He also ran a few months later for his first timed mile, which was 4:43. His last run was last year in 2016 when he was 33 and left his shoes at the finish. His last race was the last marathon of the World Marathon challenge. The World Marathon challenge is where you run 7 marathons in 7 days on 7 continents. He is one of 22 men and 9 women to complete it. The marathons took place in Antarctica, Chile, Miami, Madrid, Morocco, Dubai, and Sydney.

More Guestbook Entries

©2013 The My Hero Project, Inc. All rights reserved. Technical errors or questions? support@myheroproject.org

.
Support Us