Celebrating the best of humanity, one story at a time.
Visit our Facebook Visit our Twitter

Sign
View
Search

Zala from Ljubljana,  Slovenia- 11/12/2016 at 9:59:40 AM.
My hero is: My friend Anna. Ana has helped me with a lot of my homeworks, she has studied with me for my tests and a lot of things like that and I am very thankful to her because of this. C) Ana is very important to me, because she is so helpful, funny, supportive… I see her very often and we spend a lot of time together so I like her very much. She has made many differences in my life, for example she made my marks in school better… I admire her, because although she is now studying at the university, she finds time for me and others.

Hrbenic Sandi from Sarajevo, FEDEATION OF BIH Bosnia and Herzegovina- 10/5/2016 at 6:57:12 PM.
My hero is: Ron Kovic. You are my hero Ron .Forgive me for my english but I am a war veteran from Bosnian war and I was born at july not 4 but 19 .I just want to say thanks God there is people like you .You give us houp when everybody left us.God bless you man and thanks for your book,movie and thanks for tell as your story beacouse its a story of all war heros who give their lives and body parts for nothing.wishing you all well in life.

jeanne from ,   - 8/23/2016 at 9:21:24 PM.
My hero is: Wanda Diaz-Merced - NASA. Wanda Diaz-Merced - NASA is listening to the stars and learning. Amazing woman pioneer. http://www.nasa.gov/centers/goddard/about/people/Wanda_Diaz-Merced.html

jeanne from ,   - 8/16/2016 at 10:54:45 PM.
My hero is: nathan and karen chu and leon. they are making a new web site for my hero

Mackenzie Ann from ,   - 7/5/2016 at 12:40:44 PM.
My hero is: Victor Vincent Fuentes. His music is one of the only reasons that I'm not dead yet. Enough said.

Becky Miller - 6/11/2016 at 2:01:15 PM.
My hero is: Jeni Stepanek. Happy Birthday, Jeni! It’s a delight and an honor to be able to send these good wishes your way. You’ve done so much for us all. When I first “met” Mattie through our many MY HERO stories – stories that were written by people of all ages and nationalities over many years - I could not believe such a precious and precocious child could exist. His nature and wisdom were unworldly. And then I learned about you – the person who had understood and guided him from infancy, despite his physical limitations as well as your own, while sharing his spirit and message with all of us. How blessed we have been to have you and Mattie as such a deeply-felt part of MY HERO. You and Mattie will always be an inspiration to us and to our guests.

jeanne from laguna beach, CA usa- 6/11/2016 at 2:15:39 PM.
My hero is: Jeni Stepanek. Jeni Stepanek dreams of a world of peace and love and tolerance. I am forever grateful to her for sharing her voice, her art, her wisdom to make this dream a reality. Jeni has had a profound impact on millions of people around the world and she has personally touched the lives of thousands of young people with her work at mattieonline.com The motto there, "Peace is Possible." Jeni's determination to enjoy the journey and face the challenges with courage and bravery makes her light shine so very bright. I was first introduced to Jeni and Mattie Stepanek by Jim Hawkins at the 1997 Children's Hospice International Conference. Jim knew about young Mattie and his beautiful poetry and profound wisdom and nominated Mattie and Jeni as heroes at our workshop in New Orleans. Mattie and Jeni have remained guiding lights for me as the years have passed. Jeni's work with three-dot-dash and we are family foundation have brought her into the hearts of many young people who are forever changed for this opportunity. Her journey has been so inspiring to all who know and love her. I am so thankful for Jeni and want the world to know that she has been and remains my hero.

Slater from Toronto,  Canada- 6/10/2016 at 8:52:55 PM.
My hero is: Jeni Stepanek. My hero and great inspiration is Jeni Stepanek! I've known about Jeni and her son Mattie all my life, being introduced at a young age to Mattie's Heartsongs. But what an unexpected treat and delight when I was able to meet Jeni and call her my friend! Mama Peace! Along with the other teen leaders attending the Just Peace Summit, Mama Peace told us of her life, of her heartache, but also of her joy in living. She taught us how to listen to each other, not just through our ears but with our hearts and spirits as well, how to open ourselves to the world around us with caring and empathy... a lesson that touched all of us deeply and changed our lives and viewpoints forever. She is the sweetest, kindest and gentlest soul I've ever met and I cannot wait to be in her presence again, whenever and wherever that may be. Thank you Jeni for being a true inspiration and such a beautiful light in the world. Sending you lots of love from me and my honeybees, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Wendy Jewell from TORONTO, ONTARIO Canada- 6/10/2016 at 7:31:57 PM.
My hero is: Jeni Stepanek. Bonne Anniversaire to the lovely, amazing, generous, talented, PEACE MAMA, Jeni Stepanek! I had known about Jeni and Mattie through the MY HERO Project but when my daughter Slater was lucky enough to be a Global Teen Leader a few years ago through the We Are Family Foundation and got to meet and interact with Jeni I was blown away. By her capacity to inspire and empower young teens from around the world through her message of PEACE and, well, SO much more. THANK YOU JENI for all you do and continue to do... I met you virtually during this years GTL week in NYC but hope to meet you in person for our cup of tea. BLESSINGS and JOY and LOVE to you on your birthday!

Jholee Vega from Bradon, UNITED STATES Florida- 6/6/2016 at 10:36:27 AM.
My hero is: Malala Y. She stood up for what for her education.

Shukuru Lusi from Erie, PA United States- 5/27/2016 at 2:33:49 PM.
My hero is: Ronaldo de Assis Moreira-Ronaldinho. Ronaldinho has inspired me to start playing soccer. He is the one i have been looking up to since i was a very young girl. I look up to him in so many ways and i love him so very much. He is the reason why i love number 10 so much. I fell in love with soccer through him. I dream to play just like him, to become a legend just like him and i dream to be trained by him one day. The love and respect i have for him only i can understand. He is the reason why i came on this website because i want to share my hero and idol. He is a living Legend. He is the number one Legend that is alive and will ever live. May God bless him for his golden legs and i thank God for putting him on this earth for us. LONG LIVE KING RONALDINHO !! #LEGENDINHO #R10

Irina Zheng from Brooklyn, NEW YORK United States- 5/18/2016 at 10:00:41 PM.
My hero is: Craig Kielburger . Craig started a charity called Free the child. At the age of 12, he read the newspaper. One Day he read about the shooting of another 12 year old who poke out for rights. He spread the word. No one in his group was only than the age of 18. Now Free the Children is one of the biggest non profit youth organizations in the world.

Ana Paula dos Santos Silva from Atibaia, SAO PAULO Brasil- 5/16/2016 at 7:37:12 PM.
My hero is: Madre Teresa de Calcutá. She dedicated all her life for help poor, sick and homeless people. Although her family had a good life, she preferred to make a poverty vote. She was the person more carity and altruistic that I heart.

William Ribeiro Martinatto from Atibaia, SÃO PAULO Brazil- 5/16/2016 at 7:36:45 PM.
My hero is: Ayrton Senna. Ayrton Senna become not just a great champion in Formula One, but he's a hero because his institute that he founded in life helps many people around the world with education, its form people to the market work and many other good things until nowadays.

Ana Carolina De Barros from Atibaia, SÃO PAULO  Brazil- 5/16/2016 at 7:36:36 PM.
My hero is: My mom and my grandmother . My mother is my hero because she stoped her life to take care of me and my brother and i think she would make anything to help me and my brother. And my grandmother is a hero for me and my mother because she had a difficult life, and she made many things to my mom and her brothers, to pass through this situations with them and she was very altruistic for other people, she is like a model to them and for me too.

Ana Luisa Felix from Atibaia, SP Brazil- 5/16/2016 at 7:34:17 PM.
My hero is: My aunt. My hero is my aunt, because she makes good things for people and didn't expect nothing back. She didn't get marrie and she doesn't have kids, but she adopted lots of boys and girls in her heart. She helps our family as their were her kids, doing suport when someone are in the hospital, cooking for everybody, offering her showlders when we need and careing about us. She do every those things just because she love us and she wants see everybody good and happy, even that makes she said.

Bianca Telles from Atibaia, SÃO PAULO Brazil- 5/16/2016 at 7:32:49 PM.
My hero is: My father. My hero is my father, because he always support me in every single choice I make, he taught me how to be kind with everyone, not argue all the time, only when it is necessary and that arguing is not going to help you to resolve problems. He always helps me in homeworks, on school projects and when I decided to move to another school he respected my choice and he always help people and his employees. Once he helped to stop a fire in an old car that was on fire, so he always help people whenever he can.

Aytan Bashirova from Baku, ABSHERON Azerbaijan- 5/15/2016 at 4:47:01 PM.
My hero is: My heroes are my students. My students are thinking authors of their stories, they are curious communicators when communicating with the friends around the world, they are persistent writers when trying to express their ideas. They want to hear and to be heard about their heroes. Watch and make sure what wonderful little minds are growing in Azerbaijan.

Yeona from Gwangju,  Republic of Korea- 5/1/2016 at 10:32:38 AM.
My hero is: Johann Sebastian Bach. Johann Sebastian Bach was a fantastic compser and musician in the Baroque period.

shmez from asia, ASIA asia- 4/27/2016 at 4:47:16 AM.
My hero is: gandhi . because he did good things

Kaleb Rhodes from booneville, ARKANSAS United States- 4/26/2016 at 12:43:22 PM.
My hero is: my parents. My hero is my parents because they are the best people I know and they are always there for me.

jeanne meyers from laguna beach, CA. USA- 4/13/2016 at 5:34:50 PM.
My hero is: Esther Wojcicki. She is an inspiring educator who shares her knowledge with teachers around the world. She does this by giving lectures, through her work with Creative Commons, and as an author of a GREAT book called, "Moonshots in Education." As a mentor and teacher to thousands of students at Palo Alto High School she has touched lives and opened doors of opportunity to young people. She understands the importance of curiosity and guiding young people to follow their passion. James Franco was a former student and he continues to mentor her students in filmmaking at Palo Alto High School. For thirty years she worked with students who never wanted to leave her class in a trailer. A few years ago her dream center was created with support from the community, she and her students enjoy an open and flexible media space in a 20 million dollar media lab that is flourishing. Esther continues her work engaging teachers and students around the world through lectures and workshops. She is a great hero!

Alice from macae, RJ Brasil- 4/7/2016 at 7:12:13 PM.
My hero is: Maria da Penha. Maria da Penha Maia Fernandes was born in Fortaleza-Ceará(1945), graduated in pharmaceutical, has a 3 daughters and she's 70 years old. She's very important for the demonstration against domestic violence. Her husband tried to kill and she stayed paraplegic, but she doesn't back down and militated for what he was jailbird and because of this today many women have justice against their abusers. She's my hero because, she's my hero because she's a example of strength and resilience!

Marilyn from Staten Island, NEW YORK  - 3/30/2016 at 7:22:18 AM.
My hero is: My parents are my Hero's. I have watched my parents struggle as teenagers to raise not only me but my two sisters and my cousin/brother. They started with nothing and almost no education. They did everything they could to keep us happy and safe. The struggle of realizing how sometimes we had no money for food was an eye opener to how far they have come now. I am grateful for everything that they do, and the people that they are inside and out.

jeanne meyers from laguna beach, CA. USA- 3/22/2016 at 12:09:55 AM.
My hero is: Eva Haller. Eva Haller is a work in progress. She has been a champion for women's rights, children's rights and human rights. She is a loving wife, mother, grandmother and mentor. She has touched so many lives and continues to inspire all who know her. For the last two years we have been working on a documentary that shines a light on her and her powerful journey. Eva Haller at 85 has more energy then most people half her age and she uses her brilliant mind to constantly think of new ways to make a positive difference in the world. She understands the power of art and music to inspire and educate. She is truly an outstanding leader and lover of life. I shall forever be grateful for her friendship.

More Guestbook Entries

©2013 The My Hero Project, Inc. All rights reserved. Technical errors or questions? support@myheroproject.org

.
Support Us