Celebrating the best of humanity, one story at a time.
Visit our Facebook Visit our Twitter

Sign
View
Search

Trey Carlisle from Monterey Park, CA USA- 6/6/2017 at 9:21:07 PM.
My hero is: Nic Vujichich. Nic Vujicic was born with no arms or legs. In his childhood he didn't believe he would ever have a bright future due to his condition. However, he later found inner strength in his faith and started to believe that he could overcome his limitations. In high school he gave his first motivational speech to his peers. He was moved as people came up to him in tears, thanking him for inspiring them. Vujicic is now a world renown motivational speaker, inspiring kids across the globe to not let their challenges and wounds in life affect them. He is ALSO a surfer, husband, and father.

jeanne meyers from laguna beach, CA - 5/31/2017 at 12:51:37 PM.
My hero is: Mohamed Sidibay. He has embraced education as a force for positive change. Having been a former child soldier he has taken on the challenge of working for the rights of all children to have a right to an education. He has been helping my hero bring our resources to teachers around the world. He graduated from George Washington University in Peace and Conflict Resolution and has been working with NGO and the United Nations to provide equal access to education for all. He will be attending law school this fall with a goal of becoming a human rights lawyer. MY HERO has been so grateful for his help and leadership over the years.

jeanne - 5/25/2017 at 10:32:02 PM.
My hero is: Nathan Smith. He has been working so hard to improve MY HERO with his most excellent teammates Anthony and Leon and Vincent and Karen. We are very pleased with the progress and appreciate all of their efforts to make MY HERO a web site that will be enjoyed for students for years to come...

Tara from Seattle, WASHINGTON USA- 5/22/2017 at 4:57:46 AM.
My hero is: Marita Hird. She was born in Victoria, the 25 febrary 1971. She begins her like as a jokey in 1993. She is Austalian. She is in the Australian Paralympic Athletic Team. Her medical problem is quite consistent, she broke her neck in three places. She was advised that she was an incomplete quadriplegic. Then, to recover, she used riding as a therapy. It can be said that riding has saved him somehow, helped him to climb the slope. She is undoubtedly a woman endowed with unfailing courage. In spite of her handicap, she still carries her passion that costs. She is a model for all of us, a model of courage.It gives us a lesson in life and therefore never give up and give up in the face of the harshness of life.

celik amour from nevers, NIEVRE france- 5/22/2017 at 4:54:33 AM.
My hero is: Muhammad Ali. He was a legendary boxer.He had won the gold medal in the olympic games of 1960.His real name was Cassius Marcellus Clay, Jr. He is the winner of championship world of heavyweight versus Sonny Liston. Muhammad Ali is known for his style fighting. This slogan was :"Fly like a butterfly, stings like the bee!".Mohamed Ali has become one of the most famous athletes in the world. Incorporated in the International Boxing Hall of Fame, Ali is considered one of the greatest boxers in history.

Micheline from Montcuq,  France- 5/22/2017 at 4:47:30 AM.
My hero is: Kathrine Switzer. Kathrine Switzer is an American writer but mostly a marathon runner. She is famous because she is the first woman who participated to Boston Marathon. I admire her so much since equality between men and women is very important even in sport.

Manguier from Urvord, NIER France- 5/22/2017 at 4:41:48 AM.
My hero is: Zinedine Zidane. World-renowned football player Zinedine Zidane won the World Cup in 1998 and the European Championship in 2000. Nicknamed "el maestro" by the Italians, Zidane is recognized as an unrivaled football tactician . After five years spent under the jersey of Juventus in Turin, the offensive midfielder joined the prestigious Real Madrid club in 2001. The 1998 World Cup gave Zidane a dazzling popularity and raised it to the rank of national hero..

Thomas from LIlle, NORD France- 5/20/2017 at 2:52:04 PM.
My hero is: Cristiano Ronaldo. Cristiano Ronaldo is a professional soccer player who has set record while playing for both Manchester United and real Madrid. Cristiano Ronaldo was born on February 5, 1985, in Funchal, in Portugal. He begin his professional at Manchester United. IN the 2004 FA CUP final, he scored Manchester's first three goals and helped then capture the championship. In 2008 he set franchise record goals scored. He was bought by real Madrid 131millions dollars, in 2009. In addition to his FIFA world Player of the year award, Ronaldo has also won 4 BALLON D'OR, the golden boot, and was named the UEFA club forward of the year he got other honors during course of this career, he won too European Championships with Portugal team against France. He's an exemple for me for lot of reasons, because he is a best player ever and I like football. Cristiano Ronaldo rescived award of the most generous sport player of the world. Cristiano Ronaldo is an exemple.

thomas from chemy,  France- 5/11/2017 at 10:53:46 AM.
My hero is: Cristiano Ronaldo. Cristiano Ronaldo is a professional soccer player who as set record while player for both Manchester United and Real Madrid. He was born on February 5, 1985 in Fanchal, in Portugal. He becan his professional at Manchester United. In the 2004 FA cup final, he scored Manchester's first three goals and helped hen capture the Championship. In 2008 he set franchise record goals scored. He was bought by Real Madrid 131 millions dollars in 2009. In addition to this FIFA world player of the year award, Ronaldo has also won 4 BALLON D'OR, the Golden boot, and was named the UEFA club forward his career, he won too European Championship with Portugal team against France. It's an exemple for me because he's the best player have ever seen because and I love seen him because i like playing football. And for conclude he's my hero because he's the most generous football player of the world.

Nickita from Donduseni, DONDUSENI Moldova - 4/25/2017 at 3:12:37 PM.
My hero is: Van Gogh. My hero is Van Gogh.He painted beautiful drawings.Most of all I like his picture "Starry Night". I like this artist because he does not have pictures like eveyone else.That's why he's my hero

Brenda Cates from blue springs, MO USA- 4/22/2017 at 12:43:35 PM.
My hero is: First Lt Douglas Ferguson. I was in fifth grade. My family wanted to be involved . We went out and donated and received MIA and POW bracelets to wear. The young man on my bracelet never came home. And years after his parents died his remains were finally brought home. I still have that bracelet and will always have it. Every single young boy that was sent to that terrible place is a hero. And all the veterans from previous wars. Thank you Ron for your books and your truth!

Jessica from Dublin, OHIO USA- 4/20/2017 at 3:27:57 PM.
My hero is: My grandpa, Don. A hero doesnít have to be able to fly, or have mind reading powers. I think that a hero is someone who is brave, always thinks of others before themselves, perseveres, looks on the bright side and has love in their heart. My grandpa, Don, showed all of these characteristics throughout his life. When my grandpa was a child, his parents worked in a small bakery. He loved to run and he was one of the fastest of his friends. When he was about ten years old, he was diagnosed with Polio. Polio is a disease that attacks your nerves. It makes you very sick. In some cases it can make you paralyzed. My grandpa was paralyzed in his back and legs. He was in and out of the hospital for over a year. But he didnít let that ruin his life. He went to college and became an accountant. Getting Polio was definitely not a good thing, but some good did come out of it. If he didnít get Polio, he might not have gone to college. The reason he was able to go to college is because his aunt helped pay for it since he couldnít work a job like his parents. Going to college opened up a lot of new opportunities for him. As an adult, he married my grandma, took care of 3 children and worked as an accountant. When he got older, he unfortunately developed heart failure. He was back in the hospital. He was in the hospital for years. Eventually he was able to go home but he was still sick. He died at home one night. We were all sad that he was gone but happy that he had had a long and full life. My grandpa was one of the bravest people I knew. Once when I was a baby, we went to visit my grandparents. My grandpa didnít know that I knew how to go down stairs. I was walking down the basement stairs when my grandpa saw me. He cared about me so much that he was about to push himself out of his wheelchair and fall to catch me. This demonstrates three characteristics of a hero. This shows that he is brave, always thinks of others before himself and that he has so much love. When he was in the hospital for holidays because of his heart failure, we would visit him. You could either say that itís sad he has to be in a hospital for holidays, or you could say that itís happy that we got to visit him. He always chose to see the happy side of it. This shows that he always looks on the bright side of things. Before my grandpa got Polio, he loved to run and was very fast. Once he got Polio he couldnít do it anymore. But that didnít stop him from anything. When he was in college, he played on a wheelchair basketball team. This shows that he doesnít let his disabilities stop him, and that he perseveres. My grandpa is my hero. He was an amazing person who showed all of these characteristics and much more. He did some great things and affected so many people throughout his life.

Lera from ,  Moldova- 4/19/2017 at 4:14:55 PM.
My hero is: My hero is Harry Potter. Since the year Harry Potter was introduced to the world, he has become one of the most popular characters in the history of literature. He is adored by everyone I know: children, adults and even some elderly people. This orphaned boy has to live with his unpleasant relatives, because heís lost his parents. He attends the Hogwarts School where they teach him different magical tricks. In fact, itís a place where he studies wizardry. In total, there are seven books about the boy, all written by an incredibly gifted author - Joanne K. Rowling. In most chapters he fights the evil Voldemort, who was responsible for the death of his parents. All books were pictured on the screen and I should say that the films are as interesting as books. In fact, Harry has two best friends as stated in the story. Their names are Hermione and Ron. Some people prefer reading the books, but I liked the movies more. There are many moving moments there, such as Harryís dance with Hermione, friendsí support in hard times, etc. Thanks to J. K. Rowling the story is impactful and catchy. Iím sure it brightened many childrenís life. ďHarry PotterĒ books were written for people of any religion, race or nationality. Perhaps, thatís why it has become the worldís best-selling series. Itís important that throughout the novel the writer brings out some vital topics, such as the choices which we make in life or the directions that we take. These choices determine the individual character of the main hero. In my opinion, watching the movies or reading the books about Harry Potter, children learn many invaluable lessons. Apart from that, the story is full of humorous moments.

LALY V from Nevers, BOURGOGNE France- 4/14/2017 at 6:06:09 AM.
My hero is: My hero is Penelope Leprevost. Penelope Leprevost is a French rider. She was born on the first August 1980. In 2006, She wins her first title : Champion of France with her Horse : Karatina. In 2008, with the arrival of jubilťe d'Ouilly in her club, she participates to her first Nations Cup with the French team and takes away that of Zagreb. She begins to work with Michel Robert, who becomes her mentor. Her good results allowed her to be selected for the European championships of Windsor with the same horse. En 2012, she went to Olympic Games, she had no medal because she fell, while she had been crowned vice-champion of the world in 2010. In 2013, she won the final pf the Nation Cup in teams in Barcelona. In 2014, With Flora de Mariposa (her horse) she is a vice-champion of the world by team in the World Equestrian Games. She is my hero because, there is not a lot of woman in the riding high level, furthermore I find her course exceptional. :)

Laura.F / Clara.C from Imphy, FRANCE France- 4/14/2017 at 6:00:22 AM.
My hero is: Laura Flessel. Laura Flessel-Colovic was born 1971 in Guadeloupe. She's married at Denis Colovic. She is a fencing player, and she begins fencing at the age of 6, she's french.She takes away her first successes on the world scene in 1995 by ending on the third square of the World championships of The Hague. She wins 5 Olympic medals and she is six times world champion and once champion of Europe. She's called "wasp". She is an ambassadress of the campaign Stand Up For African Mothers of the AMREF Flying Doctors, the godmother of Handicap International, Ambassadress of the NGO Plan France31 and godmother of a girl in Haiti today. Her project on the long term is to send fencing in cities and disadvantaged places. She based the Ti' Colibri association which has for vocation to promote fencing. Thanks to her action, this one was able to offer ways and equipment to clubs arranging few resources.

Cooper from Winchester, VA USA- 4/5/2017 at 10:04:33 AM.
My hero is: Grandma Penny. My grandma was named Penny and was born in 1947 in Lamesa,Texas. When she was a kid she had a kind and fun personality. Her favorite thing to do as a toddler was play with her dolls.She was kind to her and sister Candy. Candy is my great aunt with skin cancer. Penny and Candy play a lot but read a lot too. Her mom was named Memo and she was very nice. At about the age of 4, she started to read and she still loves it. When she was growing up her beloved job was being a mother. But when she grew up her first job was flight attendant but she didnít like that job she became a 6 grade teacher. In 1977, she had my mother but at this time she was still a 6 grade teacher. She got divorced a few years later. She had a boyfriend this year but she broke up with him. I never seen that grandpa before. I only seen him when I was a baby. All I remember is that he was a college professor. But after a few years later she retired from her job and supported her daughter in college and when my mom had my brother, she started hanging out with us. Some of her heroic qualities are like how she raised two amazing kids all by herself. But the problem with her is HOW MUCH SHE TALKS!!!!

Zachary from Winchester, VA USA- 3/31/2017 at 11:50:47 AM.
My hero is: Joseph Smith. Joseph Smith is an amazing hero. He was a religious hero of the Mormon church. He was born on December 23, 1805 and died on June 27, 1844. He was the first modern day prophet of the restored Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Joseph smith grew up in a one room cabin with a huge family. When Joseph Smith was 14 he had a vision. He told his family but they didnít have the same beliefs as him. Later on his brother Hyrum helped him. That vision he had at 14 lead him to translate the Book of Mormon. He was extremely brave, and selfless. He found the brass plates, a religious document of Mormonism. And restored the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. He had to be extremely brave to do this because many people didnít believe what he was teaching and hated him for that. People tried to kill him he was even thrown in jail by them, some even tried to steal the brass plates. A part of the brass plates called the book of Lehi is still missing. After he got the plates and the Urim and Thummim a tool use to translate the plates, he was able to translate the plates so we can read them today. After this he started the church and taught from the book of Mormon. He also had to be selfless to teach other people while risking his own life. He died on June 27, 1844 by murder from an angry mob. He dedicated his life to sharing and protecting the Book of Mormon. That is why he is an amazing hero.

Audrey from Winchester, VA USA- 3/31/2017 at 11:49:06 AM.
My hero is: President Abraham Lincoln. Abraham Lincoln was definitely a hero. He was a very brave man. Lincoln was the 16th President from April 4, 1861 through April 15, 1865. Lincoln was brave and had courage because he led the American Revolutionary War. Also, while he led the American Revolutionary War he also was sacrificing his life, by leading it. He must of had patience during the war too, because it isnít like he would go out and they would be waiting for him ready to fight! He was caring, and had many friends that liked him because he was nice to them. Friends, such as, Joseph Gillespie, William Seward, William Butler, Noah Brooks, and Abram Bergen. Lincoln is known for his honesty, because everyone could trust him and tell them the truth. Lincoln was really tall, his height was 6í4. That might not sound too tall, but he wore a top hat that was really tall and made him look much taller! Lincolnís average weight was about 180 pounds! What!?! Yup, 180 pounds! Some of Lincolnís favorite foods were, oyster stew, apples, cheese and crackers, and nuts. Lincoln managed to abolish slavery, be self educated, be part of the United States House of Representatives! He did a LOT in his life, before he was assassinated. Lincoln was assassinated on April 5, 1865 by John Wilkes Booth. He mustíve been very focused because you just CANíT lead a war if you arenít focused! He was selfless, because if you are leading a war, it isnít JUST peace for you, itís for the rest of the country you are fighting for! Abe Lincoln is one of MY heroes because he was brave.

Josie from Winchester, VA USA- 3/31/2017 at 11:46:58 AM.
My hero is: Neil Armstrong. Neil Armstrong Neil Armstrong has been an inspiration to me in several ways. He was the first man on the moon with the quote ďone small step for man, one giant leap for mankind.Ē Neil Armstrong was born in Wapakoneta, Ohio on August 5th 1930. When he landed on the moon, it inspired people everywhere to believe they can do something if they put their mind to it. He inspired me because if someone can land on the moon in a spacesuit almost no gravity and in freezing temperatures, then I can definitely land on a radiated planet with frozen waters. (my goal is to be the first woman on mars.) Neil Armstrong passed away on August 25th, 2012 living to be 82. Neil Armstrong was brave, courageous, and daring. The reason why I say this is because he, Buzz Aldrin, and Michael Collins took a chance on not coming back from the moon. While he was on the moon Neil collected samples and took pictures. one of which was his footprint. The spaceship they used was the Apollo 11. They landed in the pacific ocean, west of Hawaii. After they landed, they were put in quarantine for 3 weeks. https://www.nasa.gov/centers/glenn/about/bios/neilabio.html http://www.biography.com/people/neil-armstrong-9188943#moon-landing

Penny from Winchester, VA USA- 3/31/2017 at 11:38:41 AM.
My hero is: Clara Barton. Clara Barton is a hero of the american Civil War for creating the American Red Cross. THe Red cross provides emergency assistance, disaster relief and education in the U.S.A. She got named ďANgel Of The battlefieldĒ. She was not only a nurse but she was a teacher, and Patent Clerk. she never got married because she was so busy with her jobs. She was born on december 25, 1821, at North oxford massachusetts u.s.. She died on April 12, 1912, at glen Echo maryland u.s. .clara Barton's father was Captain Stephen Barton, a member of the local military and a selectman who inspired his daughter with patriotism and a broad humanitarian interest. claraís mother was Sarah Stone Barton. clara had four siblings. Wanting to serve her country, CLARA went to the railroad station when the victims arrived and SHE nursed 40 men. When she went to the battlefield she brought a four mule team pulling a wagon of supplies for men on the battlefield, injured ones. At the beginning of the civil war, she collected and distributed supplies for the Union Army. She and her assistants received and answered over 63,000 letters and identified over 22,000 missing men. Subsequently, Barton read A Memory of Solferino, a book written by Henry Dunant, founder of the global Red Cross network. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clara_Barton http://www.pulseuniform.com/coffee-time/index.php/2016/02/01/25-famous-nurses-past-to-present-wolrds-popular-nurse-professionals/ are THE WEBSITEs I COPIED MOST INFORMATION FROM.

Miley from Winchester, VA USA- 3/31/2017 at 11:36:30 AM.
My hero is: Passengers and Crew of Flight 93. On September 11, 2001, a Boeing 757-222 was hijacked. Two other hijacked planes had been crashed into the Twin towers, and another was heading for the Pentagon. The hijackers overpowered the flight crew about 46 minutes after takeoff. Although the specific target is unknown, it is believed the hijackers were heading for the Capital Building or the White House. Several passengers and flight attendants were able to make phone calls and learned that other planes had been hijacked. Many of the passengers made an attempt to control the plane. In the process,the plane crashed into a reclaimed strip mine in Stony Township. Vice President Dick Cheney learned that flight 93 had crashed in Pennsylvania and is reported to have said ďI think an act heroism just took place on that plane.Ē I believe he is correct. List of passengers and crew. Many people gave up their lives for others on September 11. Here is a partial list of the people who died. CHRISTIAN ADAMS LORRAINE G. BAY TODD M. BEAMER ALAN ANTHONY BEAVEN MARK BINGHAM DEORA FRANCES BODLEY SANDY WAUGH BRADSHAW MARION R. BRITTON THOMAS E. BURNETT, JR WILLIAM JOSEPH CASHMAN

Jackson from Winchester, VA USA- 3/31/2017 at 11:33:59 AM.
My hero is: Alex Morgan. Alex Morgan is a famous soccer player and sum consider her the best soccer player all time.She was born in San Dimas, California.She grew up in the town of Diamond Bar with her two sisters Jeni and Jeri. Alex attended the University of UC Berkeley there she played for the California Golden Bears starting in 2007 to 2010.Then played for the Western New York Flash. Alex played for many more teams and when they were she never lost hope this led her here.

Lauren from Winchester, VA USA- 3/31/2017 at 11:32:04 AM.
My hero is: Col William H. Dabney,USMC Rrt.. Col William H. Dabney,USMC Rrt. Commanding Officer,HQBN,HQMC,HH was born in New Brunswick, Canada on September 28 1934. His mother was Mary Hennessey Wagner and his father was Victor William Wagner but, his mother remarried Hugh Keane Dabney on May 5, 1945. He was raised in Panama and Gloucester County, Virginia. When he died, he was a retired Marine Corps. Before he died, he went on missions. He had many missions in Vietnam. He was awarded the Navy Cross. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_H._Dabney https://blog.usni.org/2012/02/15/farewell-to-a-warrior-colonel-william-h-dabney-usmc-ret

Lynnea from Winchester, VA USA- 3/31/2017 at 11:28:55 AM.
My hero is: Mary Lou Retton. Mary Lou Retton was an Olympic gymnast. In 1984 she was the first female gymnast to win gold on all around. She got a perfect 10 twice in the Olympics. The scores are decimals on how you do in your routine the highest score you can get is a 10 that is like perfect. The highest all around score you can get is a 40 and that is all 10ís itís reallllllllllllllly hard to get! The scores are decimals on how you do in your routine the highest score you can get is a 10 unless you are in the Olympics that is like perfect. She was very strong too! She was an Olympian in 1984. A national sports survey found Mary the most famous athlete in America. She has four daughters, a husband, mother and father. She stopped doing gymnastics in 1985. She was sixteen when she was doing gymnastics. She inspired my mom because my mom did gymnastics too and she was really good! She is a hero because she inspired me because she was a gymnast and Iím one, too!

Trey from Winchester, VA USA- 3/31/2017 at 11:24:17 AM.
My hero is: Kelli Marie White. Kelli Marie White was born January 31, 1999. When she was young, her parents separated. Her mother, Jessica White later married Rick White. He adopted Kelli and became her biological father. Kelli had three schools she went to in elementary. That didnít affect her at all. She has always had all Aís and Bís. She received a leadership award in 5th grade out of the entire grade. One thing that hurt her in school was that her BFF moved in elementary school. In high school she moved back. Kelli is currently in the National honor society. In basketball Kelli was not much different. She played AAU basketball for 8 years. In 8th grade she broke her collarbone and didnít come back to basketball until she started high school.For sitting out for so long she won an award. She played high school basketball for Millbrook until her junior year. For her junior and senior year she played basketball for Sherando. She won MVP award at Sherando. She was one of the top rebounders in the division. She will be going to Shenandoah university and wants to master in occupational therapy. She is a great sister and role model. She is also a role model for me in basketball.

More Guestbook Entries

©2013 The My Hero Project, Inc. All rights reserved. Technical errors or questions? support@myheroproject.org

.
Support Us