MY HERO PARTICIPATES IN THE ORANGE COUNTY IMAGINATION CELEBRATION

Contact: Victoria Murphy FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
myhero@myheroproject.org
949.376.5964

LAGUNA BEACH, CA – 4/27/15 – The MY HERO Project is announcing its participation in the Orange County Imagination Celebration, a countywide event that brings together the disciplines of dance, film, music, literature and visual arts in a collaborative effort between arts organizations, schools, cities, libraries, and community venues. The MY HERO activities at the Laguna Art Museum are funded, in part, by a grant from the Massen Greene Foundation and the Laguna Beach Community Foundation.

MY HERO Gallery’s Victoria Murphy with a family of young project makers at the Imagination Celebration

This is the third year that the MY HERO Art Gallery will be partnering with the Laguna Art Museum’s Imagination Celebration Family Festival.  The event offers opportunities for children to participate in multi-disciplinary art projects. This year is the 30th anniversary of the Imagination Celebration. The MY HERO Project has been selected to provide children with hands-on art projects that specifically bring technology, creativity and critical thinking together during the activity.

Saturday, May 2nd, 2015  
11:00 AM – 2:00 PM
LAGUNA ART MUSEUM
http://myhero.com/ImaginationCelebration
FREE ADMISSION

Young engineer at the MY HERO booth with his dual electricity generators

MY HERO will be at the Laguna Art Museum on Saturday, May 2, from 11 AM until 2 PM, to inspire children to create earth themed masks and wreaths to inspire stewardship of our planet and conservation of our precious natural resources. This project’s completed imaginative and ecologically wreaths and masks will be featured on MY HERO's freely accessible global website (www.myhero.com), to be shared with children and adults around the world. Admission to the Museum for the festival is free.

"The MY HERO Virtual Art Gallery is very excited to be collaborating with the Laguna Art Museum to create meaningful activities for their children's festival," said Victoria Murphy, Curator of the My Hero Art Gallery. "MY HERO will emphasize the theme of stewardship and conservation of our most precious natural resources. We are expecting more than 300 family members, most of them children, and that will really be fun. We are grateful to the Massen Greene Foundation and the Laguna Beach Community Foundation for sponsoring MY HERO in our continued partnership with the Laguna Art Museum." 

MY HERO is a non-profit 501(c)3 organization dedicated to sharing stories of heroes around the world. For more information on The MY HERO Project, please visit our website at www.myhero.com. 

For more information about the MY HERO participation at the Imagination Celebration, please visit the Laguna Art Museum website: http://myhero.com/ImaginationCelebration

More Featured Press_Release Heroes