ACTORS JENNIFER GREY AND WILLIE GARSON TO TAKE PART IN MY HERO'S POETRY AND JAZZ SALON

Contact: Jeanne Meyers FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Co-founder/Director 
The MY HERO Project
myhero@myheroproject.org
949-376-5964

JENNIFER GREY AND WILLIE GARSON TO HELP HOST MY HERO SALON

LOS ANGELES, CA - 1/7/15 – April is National Poetry Month and Jazz Appreciation Month and, to celebrate, The MY HERO Project will host an evening celebration of poetry and jazz with actors Jennifer Grey and Willie Garson.  The event is part of an ongoing Salon Series that brings together community leaders and citizens to discuss and explore socially relevant issues. 

The Salon will take place April 24, 2015, at the Herb Alpert Educational Village at New Roads School in Santa Monica.  Readers, including Grey and Garson, will lead an exploration of poetry that speaks to humanity in all phases of life.  In addition, singer Dana Williams and The Strands will provide musical entertainment.

The event, which is free, suitable for all ages and open to the public, takes place from 7 – 9 pm at:

The Herb Alpert Education Village
The Capshaw-Spielberg Center for Arts and Educational Justice
Leadership Center, 2nd floor
3131 Olympic Boulevard #203
Santa Monica, CA 90404

Donations are welcome.

The MY HERO Project is a non-profit 501(c)3 organization that shares and archives stories, music, art and short films about everyday heroes from all walks of life.  MY HERO uses the power of media and technology to inspire, educate and empower people around the world. 

The Herb Alpert Educational Village is the home to a dozen nonprofit partners who share the communal goal of providing educational programming for at-risk youth in Los Angeles. 

For more information about The MY HERO Project, or the Salon Series, visit: www.myhero.com

MY HERO Project

Poetry Jazz Salon 2014 Archive

More Featured Press_Release Heroes