MY HERO'S 20TH ANNIVERSARY CELEBRATION

Contact: Wendy Milette                           FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
media@myheroproject.org
949-376-5964

JOIN US FOR THE MY HERO PROJECT’S  20TH ANNIVERSARY CELEBRATION & MULTI MEDIA FESTIVAL

SANTA MONICA, CA. - 11/09/15 - The MY HERO Project is throwing a party… a multimedia festival to celebrate 20 years of celebrating heroes through stories, art, music and film.  The event, which features live musical performances and award presentations takes place November 21, 2015, from 7 - 9:30 PM, at:

HERB ALPERT EDUCATIONAL VILLAGE
Ann and Jerry Moss Theater, New Roads School
3131 Olympic Blvd.
Santa Monica, CA 90404

The festival is part of The MY HERO Project, a 501(c)(3) organization dedicated to sharing stories of heroes around the globe. MY HERO's award winning web site (www.myhero.com) hosts the world's largest archive of hero-themed stories, music, art and short films.  

Jeanne Meyers, Rita Stern Milch and Karen Pritzker founded MY HERO, in 1995, with a mission to use media, art and technology to promote global understanding, life-long learning, human rights, environmental education and more.  

Today, MY HERO is an award-winning online resource used by millions of teachers, parents and students in more than 194 countries. 

The 20th Anniversay Multimedia Festival features:

Author and educator Erin Gruwell, founder of The Freedom Writers Foundation and winner of MY HERO’s 2015 Global Educator Award. 

Peace Activist Ron Kovic, author of Born on the Fourth of July, who will present a prize to the short film that addresses the issue of peace and conflict resolution in an engaging and thought-provoking manner. (myhero.com/kovic)

Author and activist Kathy Eldon, who will present the Dan Eldon Award, if honor and memory of her journalist son, to the filmmaker who best uses creativity to effect change. (myhero.com/eldon)

Reggae musician Pato Banton, who will be performing live. 

Artist Robert Shetterly, known for his portrait series, “Americans Who Tell the Truth,” who will present the Shetterly Prize to the artist who most eloquently represents heroism in art.

VIP Tickets are available to support MY HERO's work providing positive media & mentoring to students and teachers around the world.  

A special reception will be provided for VIP guests from 5:30-7:00 in the Capshaw Spielberg Center for Arts and Educational Justice.  

General admission tickets are also available for the Multi-Media Celebration.  Passes for students, teachers and filmmakers are available upon request.

We hope you will join us for this inspiring celebration.  For more information and press and sponsorship opportunities, please contact: myhero@myheroproject.org or call 949-376-5964.

For tickets and information, please visit: Myhero.com/20th

MY HERO Films

MY HERO Stories

MY HERO Music

MY HERO Art

More Featured Press_Release Heroes