Amelia Earhart

by Christine from La Crescenta

Amelia Earhart achieved her dream and became the first woman pilot.
Amelia Earhart before a flight. (http://www.ameliaearhart.com/<br>about/photo.html)
Amelia Earhart before a flight. (http://www.ameliaearhart.com/
about/photo.html)

My hero inspires me to follow my dreams, because she was the first woman to follow HER dreams to become the first woman to solo a plane. Amelia Mary Earhart was born on July 24th, 1897. At that time, women weren't allowed to speak up and do things like own shops and places, vote for people, and most importantly, and what Amelia did, they were not allowed to become leaders or bosses of anything. But Amelia Earhart just went on and followed her dream and worked on becoming an airplane pilot, therefore inspiring me to follow MY dreams of becoming a doctor or an artist, although I'm not that skilled at drawing, or so I think... But I will still try, thanks to Amelia.

Amelia Earhart was the first woman to pilot a plane. She was selfless and peaceful, and generous to all the people, but she was firm too. She wanted to fly and she wouldn't let anyone tell her she couldn't do it. She was selfless, but she always had a free spirit. She was peaceful like Martin Luther King, Jr. because she never fought (not that we know of at least). She didn't get mad at the people when they laughed at her for trying to fly a plane, and she was generous to all people and to herself. And that leads back to Amelia setting her mind on one thing and not taking her mind off it until she finished her mission.

Amelia Earhart had compassion. She helped people with their needs. She was courageous too, otherwise she wouldn't have finished her quest to fly the plane herself. (Actually she didn't fly the plane HERSELF the first time, she was the passenger. She flew the plane herself the 2nd time.) Last but not least for this paragraph, Amelia Earhart was a good problem solver. She solved her most important problem, being able to fly a plane solo. And she succeeded! Anyways, Amelia Earhart was a good influence, and showed skills in compassion, courageousness, and solving "major" problems.

Amelia Earhart is a hero someone can look up to because as you already know, she was the first woman pilot of an airplane in all of history. She was the first woman to fly across the Atlantic Ocean solo! This was not even allowed in Amelia's time, including the right to owning stores, becoming leaders or anything like that, as I said in the first paragraph. It is very amazing that women didn't have these kinds of rights. If you have plans that you think you can't complete and make true, like flying a plane at the age of 10 or something, you can keep trying because Amelia did, and she got to achieve her dreams because she kept trying. And so can you! There is no end to achievements. You can never be a winner and win unless you try.

Amelia Earhart (Created by Christine from La Crescenta)

Amelia Earhart is a hero to many people, including me. I want people to know what she has done. She is an inspiration. She is a hero who was selfless, generous, peaceful, courageous, and compassionate. She solved problems that needed to be solved, and most importantly, she is a hero that anyone can look up to. Now anyone can do anything they want (if it is legal), and now there are more choices for women and more rights. We have the right to vote, the right to own shops, the right to be leaders, to go to school, and everything else that women couldn't do before Amelia showed people that they could make their dreams come true. Of course, Amelia isn't the only woman hero that made all our rights possible, but at least she was one of them that made a difference. So now I say, “Thank you Amelia!”

George Palmer Putnam Collection of Amelia Earhart Papers at the Purdue University Libraries - The Amelia Earhart collection offers a rare glimpse into the life of America's premier woman aviator. The online collection includes more than 2,000 scans of photographs, maps, and documents relating to Earhart.