Wayne Gretzky

by Ryan from Calgary, Alberta, Canada

I always wanted to be an NHL player.
Wayne Gretzky web (I made it)
Wayne Gretzky web (I made it)

Wayne Gretzky’s full name is Wayne Douglas Gretzky. Wayne Gretzky was born on January 26 1961 in Brantford, Ontario. He grew up in Brantford too. Wayne Gretzky has four siblings. One is a sister and three are brothers. The brothers are Keith, Brent and Glen and his sister is Kim. Wayne Gretzky’s parents are Phyllis and Walter Gretzky. Phyllis Gretzky died at age 64 on Dec.19. Walter Gretzky ran a charity golf tournament. When Wayne Gretzky was a boy he wanted to play in the NHL. Wayne Douglas Gretzky had a dream that he was centering a line that had Gordie Howe and Mark Howe on it.

Wayne Gretzky (http://www.answers.com/topic/wayne-gretzky)

When Wayne Gretzky retired from the NHL he wanted to be a coach of an NHL team. Wayne Gretzky scored 92 goals and got one hundred and twenty assists in 80 games in the 1981-82 season with the Edmonton Oilers. Wayne Gretzky is admirable because he wanted to be involved with hockey so he became head coach of the Phoenix Coyotes. Wayne Gretzky is honest, caring, modest, selfless, stands up for others, Canadian, hockey player, friendly and he is a role model. Three important lessons that young people might learn from the way Wayne Gretzky lived are that you have to practice every day to be like him and you have to really want to play in the NHL to get to it and you have to have fun playing the sport. Everyone makes mistakes in their lives but no one thinks he has ever made a mistake.

Wayne Gretzky (I made it)
Wayne Gretzky (I made it)

Wayne Gretzky is a sports hero because he is a great role model to younger kids and when someone on the ice does a hit from behind Wayne Gretzky doesn’t fight back. Wayne Gretzky’s hero growing up was Gordie Howe. Wayne Gretzky is alive today and he is coaching the Phoenix Coyotes. Wayne Gretzky’s dad is still living today but unfortunately Walter Gretzky had a stroke and had memory loss and he can’t remember anything Wayne Gretzky had achieved as a boy. Wayne Gretzky’s mom Phyllis Gretzky passed away because of lung cancer on December 19 in the Brantford general hospital. Wayne Gretzky has one sister and three brothers and they are all living today. Wayne Gretzky has won a lot of awards. They are the Conn Smythe trophy, The Hart Memorial Trophy, the Lady Byng trophy, the Art Ross trophy, the Lester b. Pearson award and the Patrick trophy. Two special trophies’ he won were the Canada cup and the Stanley cup. I decided to choose Wayne Gretzky because I like hockey and because I was interested in learning more about his family and his life as a child. I learned a lot about his family members I also learned that his mom died of lung cancer and I learned a lot about his life.

Wayne Gretzky - Wayne Gretzky.com tells about Wayne Gretzky
CBC - Tells about top ten greatest canadians.
Oilers heritage - Tells about when Wayne Gretzky was on the oilers.
Phoenix Coyotes - Tells about the team Wayne Gretzky coaches.