Hines Ward

by Jung Woo (David) from Mission Viejo, California

"I thought winning the first Super Bowl was good. But winning the second one feels extra special because of all the stuff we had to go through ... We had the hardest schedule before the season started." - Hines Ward
Hines Ward, trying to get touch down (http://www.exposay.com/celebrity-photos/hines-ward-86-2008-nfl-afc-divisional-playoff-LYxv5r.jpg)

My hero is one of the best Wide Receivers in the world, Hines Ward. To me when I thought about the definition of hero, I first thought about Hines Ward. The reason why is because, he has shown everyone that, impossible is nothing. Well, he might have been good at football, when he was born. But then, he is one of the most successful football players in the nation. What I want for my future job is not to be a football player, but in the next year, I want to be able to play football for my school. Hines Ward gives me a lot of hope. He shows me that Koreans can also do well in football. And another thing he shows me is that if you really hope and really try and do everything that you can do, it will pay you back with results.

Hines with his mom
Hines with his mom

What Hines Ward does is he is a professional football player for a team called the Pittsburg Steelers. This season they have shown how good they are by winning the championship. What he does for the team is, he has the position called Wide Receiver. What Wide Receivers do is to run a set pattern up the field in an attempt to catch the ball and gain yards for his team. His education was, he went to Forest Park, Georgia high school and he played for the University of Georgia Bulldogs as a Wide Receiver. As a Korean, Steelers Receiver Hines Ward Helps Biracial Children In Korea. In my opinion he is going to get 2 or 3 more MVPs and retire and help the children of the world for the rest of his life.

What I need to learn from Hines Ward is football, and his never ending passion. What I should learn is the passion. I really don’t have passion for something, but to be a pro like Hines Ward, there was a lot of practice. According to Hines Ward’s mom, Kim Young Hee, usually football players don’t study, but then Hines Ward, since he knew his mom was working hard for him, he had tried his best while he was playing football and had good grades though college. I don’t want to choose my career as a football player, but then next year when I am trying out for football, If I make it, I want to follow what he did, when he was in high school which is being good in football and also having good grades.

As I said at the start, Hines Ward is a real man. He is a man who knows where to use money and unlike many other people, he helps Korean Society and also American Society. As a one of the world's most famous football players, I think Hines Ward is helping to Koreans and Americans to understand each other better and that makes people think about the things that Hines Ward does.

My High School goals though 4 years are to be on a sports team but then, maintaining a good grade to go to Stanford University. My college goal is basically not having any troubles, just maintaining good grades and being able to graduate from Stanford University. My life time goal is be a successful man and to help poor people in Korea. I would like to have a nice house that's big enough house to live in and have a lovely family.

daum - its a place that describes about Hines Ward.
Daily life - Steelers enjoy premiere of Super Bowl video
Wikipedia - Bibliography HInes Ward.
The Epoch Times - Steelers Receiver Hines Ward Helps Biracial Children In Korea