MUSICIAN HERO:
JIMMY PAGE
by Benjamin from Palmer

Jimmy Page was born January 9, 1944 in London, England. He was most famous for playing lead guitarist in the band Led Zeppelin, and is considered one of the greatest guitarists that ever lived. He is a hero to me in many different ways. He did a lot for the music industry and the world and is highly recognized as a staple in history.

Jimmy Page (http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showthread.php?p=4810081)
The first reason why Jimmy Page is my hero is because he is very talented. When the band first started off, Keith Moon (drummer for The Who) said the band would go down like a lead balloon. That was how they got the name Led Zeppelin. Not only did Jimmy Page play well, but he is credited for writing very good and complicated music. Perhaps his most acclaimed piece is Stairway to Heaven, which is widely considered to have the greatest guitar solo ever made.

Another great thing about Jimmy Page is that he was a risk taker. Led Zeppelinís music was very loud at the time and a lot of older people didnít like it. But the music catered to the younger generation and eventually inspired many other future rock artists. Music like this was risky at the time because it wasnít as popular as other softer genres of music. As a whole, Jimmy Page and the band were risk takers.

Led Zeppelin's self titled debut album (http://rundangerously.blogspot.com)
Jimmy Page was also a very important figure in history. If it wasnít for Jimmy Page and Led Zeppelin, rock and metal probably wouldnít be as popular as it is today. Back in the day the band was widely criticized by industry journalists, but now their work is considered classic. The bandís first album (Led Zeppelin) has been titled the 29th greatest album of all time on Rolling Stoneís 500 greatest albums of all time list, and Stairway to Heaven was given the 31st greatest song of all time on Rolling Stoneís 500 greatest songs of all time.

The last thing about Jimmy Page is that he is an inspiring artist. His music pushed the industry forward at inspired many musicians after him to begin playing guitar. Itís been about 40 years and he is still remembered as one of the greatest guitarists of all time. He was very inspiring.

Overall Jimmy Page is my hero for the above reasons. Heís talented, he takes risks, heís important, and heís a very inspiring person. Jimmy Page will probably always be remembered. And that is why.

Written by Benjamin from Palmer
Last changed on: 4/6/2013 11:46:20 AM

Jimmy Page Online

More Featured Musician Heroes