Angels

Angelina Jolie

by Lisa from Woodland Hills

My Hero is Angelina Jolie. I choose this outstanding young woman to be my hero because she has been such an inspiration to others and me. Not only is Angelina Jolie a prominent actress but with the money that she gains and the things that she does, she also helps children and adult refugees.

Angelina Jolie was born June 4, 1975 in Los Angeles, California, USA. Angelina has taken the time from her schedule to help those less fortunate than her. Angelina works with an organization called UNHCR ‘United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees’. This organization was established in December 14, 1950 to protect refugees and resolve refugee problems worldwide. The UNHCR strives to ensure that everyone can exercise the right to seek asylum. Angelina Jolie has put so much of her love into the children and families that must go through this every single day.

She has visited WINDHOEK, Namibia as a Goodwill Ambassador for the UNHCR and donated food, tents, and sport equipment to nearly 24,000 refugees. Angelina quotes that "These people have amazing spirit and determination. I want to come back and spend more time with them." This shows me how much she loves to just see the smiles on their faces, and how she enjoys coming back to hear there thoughts.

On August 27, 2001, 26-year-old Angelina Jolie was named the Goodwill ambassador. She has been apart of this organization for the past three years and has put all her soul into it. She has made journals and has recorded everything that she has experienced. Angelina has also donated millions of dollars to refugees to help them with all there needs. Angelina is an angel to the refugees, she has taken the darkness of there lives and gave them light.

I choose Angelina Jolie, for many reasons. The overall one was because even though she is a highly paid actress and her father is a highly paid actor, she still take the money that she has earned and the money she has saved to help those less fortunate that her. She could have gone and spent her money on cloths and other things but instead she spent her money on the things that matter the most to her and that is her people. I find it so astonishing that someone like herself has done something so encouraging. She has not only made me see the type of person she is, but has also brought to my attention that I too could help others and be just like her.

Overall, from what you have read above and from the stories that you must read, Angelina Jolie has made a difference in so many lives and especially in mine. She is someone to be remembered forever and one to be thanked each day by the lord above for the person that she is. Angelina Jolie is and forever will be my hero. She has shown me the truth behind doors that are sometimes hard to open. She is my key.

USA for UNHCR - - USA for UNHCR is a non-profit orginiztion to help refugees.