Press_Release

MY HERO Joins With The Rotary Club Of Laguna Beach To Provide Digital Literacy

Friendship Shelter participant Creating Computer Art on Rotary Club Donated iPad

MY HERO JOINS WITH THE ROTARY CLUB OF LAGUNA BEACH TO PROVIDE DIGITAL LITERACY.

Contact: Wendy Milette FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
[email protected]
949.376.5964

The MY HERO Project successfully conducted two iPad technology workshops at the Laguna Beach Friendship Shelter in September and October 2014 in order to provide vocational training and an outlet for creative expression to the attendees. At the workshops, held for the benefit of the staff and residents of the shelter, MY HERO Media Arts Educator Wendy Milette demonstrated hands-on instruction in the creative applications that are available on these devices. At the culmination of the second workshop, three iPads were permanently donated to the Friendship Shelter with funds provided by the Rotary Club of Laguna Beach. Residents will be encouraged to contribute original material to the ever-growing archive of meaningful hero stories, art, and films that are available online for personal enrichment and classroom use.

The mission of MY HERO is to use media, art and technology to celebrate the best of humanity and to empower people of all ages to realize their own potential to effect positive change in the world. By teaching learners of all ages how to express themselves using 21st century digital tools, MY HERO is providing valuable technology education and giving individuals the opportunity to recognize and illustrate the positive role models that have influenced their lives.

The MY HERO Project is used in 194 countries and all 50 United States by teachers and students dedicated to promoting literacy and activism. The stories, art and films found on the website have been created by professional and amateur journalists, artists and filmmakers who are seeking to join our global learning community to share their hopes and aspirations for a kinder and more peaceful world. The Friendship Shelter of Laguna Beach now has the opportunity to join the MY HERO online community, thanks to the Rotary Club of Laguna Beach.

MY HERO is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization dedicated to sharing stories of heroes around the world. For more information on The MY HERO Project, please visit our website at www.myhero.com