MY HERO joins Orange County's Imagination Celebration

MY HERO joins Orange County’s Imagination Celebration

The MY HERO Project announced its first time participation in the OC Imagination Celebration, a countywide event that brings together the disciplines of dance, film, music, literature and visual arts in a collaborative effort between arts organizations, schools, cities, libraries, and community venues.

The Festival of Arts Foundation has awarded The MY HERO Project a $2,000 grant for MY HERO activities at this event.

This year’s theme, at Laguna Art Museum from 11-2 p.m. April 20, is Full STEAM Ahead, STEAM being an acronym for Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Math. Admission is free.

The MY HERO Project has been selected to offer children hands-on projects specifically in the area of Technology and will help children create art and stories about their personal heroes. The hero tales and pictures will be featured on MY HERO’s free, globally accessible website (www.myhero.com), to be shared with children and adults around the world.

“The MY HERO Virtual Art Gallery is very excited to be collaborating with the Laguna Art Museum to create meaningful activities for their children’s festival,” said Victoria Murphy, Curator of the My Hero Art Gallery. “MY HERO will emphasize the theme of Technology at the Celebration. We are expecting more than 400 people, most of them children, and that will really be fun. We are grateful to the Festival of Arts for helping MY HERO with its first collaboration with the Laguna Art Museum.”

April 2013
Stu News Laguna