Manny Ramirez

by Adam from Toronto

MAN RAM

Manny Ramirez is my hero. He is a major League baseball player. Right now he is a free agent but he got most of his fame while playing For the Boston Red Sox from 2001-2008 then he got traded and has played the past two years in LA with the Dodgers where got his newest nickname "Mannywood". Manny has slugged over 500 home runs and is one of the 23 people to do so. Right now he is sitting at 555 homeruns and is 14th overall. I hope he hits 45 more and gets up to the memorable 600 mark. That would move him into 8th place all time and that would be an amazing achievement for the slugger.

I've been a fan of Manny's for as long as I've been playing baseball. I've always wished to be able to hit the ball like he does and have the amount of "swag" he has. Manny plays the game for fun and doesn't take advantage of baseball. He works hard and wants to be the best. He has helped his team win 2 World Series (Both being in Boston). Manny always stands out on the Field whether it's the deep home runs he hits or his unreal "swag" or his number. He recently has changed his number to 99 for the Dodgers. Manny was born in the Dominican Republic, which recently has turned into a baseball powerhouse. When I play baseball I want to be like Manny.

The MY HERO Project - For the accompanying artwork to this essay - "MANNY" - by Adam