REGGAE’S PATO BANTON TO PERFORM AT MY HERO'S 20TH ANNIVERSARY MULTIMEDIA FEST

Contact: Wendy Milette                                                        FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
myhero@myheroproject.org
949-376-5964

REGGAE’S PATO BANTON JOINS ILLUSTRIOUS LINEUP OF SPEAKERS AND PERFORMERS FOR MY HERO'S 20TH ANNIVERSARY

SANTA MONICA, CA – 10/05/15 - Reggae musician Pato Banton will share his friendly vibes with the audience at The MY HERO Project’s Multimedia Festival on Saturday, November 21, 2015.  The festival is a celebration of MY HERO’s twenty years of shining the spotlight on the heroes of the world through stories, music, art and film.

Pato Banton

Banton hails from Birmingham, England, and is known as a “toaster,” a performer who talks or raps to a rhythm.  A 5:30 PM V.I.P. Reception kicks off the evening’s festivities.  The Multimedia Celebration, which includes the Awards Ceremony for The MY Hero International Film Festival, begins at 7 PM.  It all takes place at:  

Ann and Jerry Moss Theater, New Roads School
3131 Olympic Blvd.
Santa Monica, CA 90404

The event also features:

Author and educator Erin Gruwell, founder of The Freedom Writers Foundation and winner of MY HERO’s 2015 Global Educator Award. 
Peace Activist Ron Kovic, author of Born on the Fourth of July, who will present a prize to the short film that addresses the issue of peace and conflict resolution in an engaging and thought-provoking manner. (myhero.com/kovic)
Author and activist Kathy Eldon, who will present the Dan Eldon Award, if honor and memory of her journalist son, to the filmmaker who best uses creativity to effect change. (myhero.com/eldon)
Artist Robert Shetterly, known for his portrait series, "Americans Who Tell the Truth," who will present the Shetterly Prize to the artist who most eloquently represents a hero or an act of heroism in art.

Over the last 20 years, The MY HERO Project, a 501(c)(3) organization, has become the world’s leading host of uplifting and inspiring hero stories.  MY HERO’s archives include user-generated and professionally written tales, short films, music and art designed to honor the everyday heroes who make the world a friendlier place.

MY HERO began in August of 1995, when three mothers wanted to provide an alternative media source to offset the violent, negative stereotypes being portrayed in mainstream television and film.  They wanted to offer real-life role models to promote cross-cultural communication, global understanding, environmental awareness and human rights.  Today, MY HERO is a family friendly, award-winning online resource used by millions of teachers, parents and students in more than 194 countries. 

On Friday, November 20, 2015, MY HERO will offer a screening of award-winning short films that will be shown in the Moss Theater from 4 - 9 PM.  The screening is part of the 2015 MY HERO International Film Festival.  Prizes will be awarded during Saturday's Multimedia Festival.

For tickets and information, please visit: Myhero.com/20th

For press and sponsorship opportunities, please contact: Myhero@myheroproject.org

More Featured Press_Release Heroes