Pierre Elliott Trudeau

by Cameron from Bradford, Canada

Just watch me.
<a href=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Trudeau_crop_from_1994_group_shot.jpg>Trudeau in 1994</a>
Trudeau in 1994

Pierre Elliott Trudeau was born on the 18th of October in 1919. His mom was Scottish. He has 4 kids. 3 boys and 1 girl. One of his boys died. He was a lawyer in what is called the Quebec Bar in 1943. He was also a law consultant. His college was Jean de Brebeuf. He went to the University of Montreal. He also went to Harvard. He was the Prime Minister of Canada from 1968 to 1979 and 1980 to 1984.

He was inspired by his travels and teachers in the world. His heroes are his teachers in the world. His challenge was that his son died and he got divorced. The teachers were his heroes because they taught him everything he knew. He had to prove himself worthy to be the Prime Minster of Canada for many years.

Pierre Elliott Trudeau signed many important Canadian laws. He signed the Charter of Rights and Freedom. The Charter of Rights and Freedom gives the people of Canada the rights to make their own laws. He also signed the Official Languages Act that declared that both English and French are the official languages of Canada. One of the most challenging times when he was Prime Minister was when the FLQ kidnapped two men in Montreal. He brought in the War Measures Act that allowed the police to arrest people quickly. People were not happy with that act. When he was asked how far he would go to protect Canadians, he said "Just watch me"!

Pierre died in 2000. His family is very sad because of Pierre Elliott Trudeau's death in 2000. His family never talks about him in public. His son Justin is starting to go into politics, just like his father.

I chose Pierre Elliott Trudeau because I have always been inspired by the Prime Minister of Canada. Pierre Elliott Trudeau was a great Prime Minister and he did many good things for Canada.

Pierre Trudeau - Top 10 Greatest Canadians