2006 Film Festival
3rd Place Community Winner
& Special MY HERO Reporter:
Slater Jewell-Kemker

Painting Peace
A short film by Slater Jewell-Kemker

Watch this short film about painting a Peace mural for the Art-Miles-Mural-Project.

View Film Small (8 MB)- 4 Minutes
View Film Large (13MB) - 4 Minutes

Slater has represented MY HERO at international conferences in Montreal, Canada, Kosice, Slovakia, and in Los Angeles, USA. View her demonstration of how to build your own MY HERO web page if you're interested in contributing to MY HERO.

"What does Peace mean to You?"

PEACEMAKER HERO:
FILM FESTIVAL 2006

PAINTING PEACE

PRODUCED BY SLATER JEWELL-KEMKER

At the beginning of 2006, a group of home-schoolers and the children of Canadian Peacekeeping Forces painted a PEACE MURAL for the ART-MILES-MURAL-PROJECT. The painting will join 12 miles of murals that will wrap around the pyramids in Egypt in 2010, the end of the United Nations Decade of Peace. This short film talks with these child painters about their ideas of Peace.

An Art Miles Mural from the Peace, Unity, and Healing Mile, (USA 2001)

To me peace means love

What peace means to me is helping people

There should be no violence in the world and we should talk it over with words

For me peace means contentment

I love my friends and my family, thatís why I think itís peace

You can keep peace in places that donít have peace by being nice to each other

Peace is : I like to be happy

It means birds singing!!!

Peace for me is a clean environment, trees, and people just being friendly to each other.

Last changed on: 9/10/2007 8:28:28 AM

View the short film Painting Peace

The Art Miles Mural Project A global art project creating 12 miles of murals for the International Decade of Peace, 2001-2010. Join them by clicking here.

Exploring the Mural An article about the mural project written by My Hero staff writer Kevin Metz

In Slater's words Slater's article on the Art-Miles-Mural Project

Peace People all over the world are joining together to bring peace to our hearts and our planet through the prayer May Peace Prevail on Earth.

MY HERO reporter Slater Jewell-Kemker receives an Earth Trustee award at the United Nations on the Spring Equinox 2007

United Nations Celebration of Earth Day 07
a short film of this event was produced by Slater Jewell-Kemker and Wendy Jewell---additional footage Mark Cavanagh

View a short film Slater created on her journey to Catalina Island to interview her Environmental Hero Jean-Michel Cousteau.

My trip to Catalina Island
Small (14 MB) / Large (19 MB) - 7 Minutes

More Featured Peacemaker Heroes