J.R.R. Tolkien

by Yasmina

J.R.R. Tolkien is a great hero! He is so great for many reasons. One reason is that he fought in World War One. Another reason is that his books stretched children’s imagination and helped them think of things that they’d never think of before. Lastly, his books make people feel like they’re part of a great adventure. That’s exactly what a good hero should be like!

J.R.R. Tolkien had an interesting life. He had one brother, Hilary. On February 5, 1896, their father died from a severe hemorrhage. On November 14, 1904, their mother died because of a diabetic coma. Both Hilary and Tolkien became orphans. Later in his life, J.R.R. Tolkien got married to a girl named Edith and had four children, Jhon, Micheal, Christopher, and Priscilla. That sure is a lot!

J.R.R. Tolkien faced many challenges in his life. In 1899, he took an entrance exam for King Edward’s School, but he did not qualify. When Tolkien tried a year later, he passed! Also, after twelve years of work, the first Lord of the Rings was finished. After what seemed like ages, it was written! What challenges!

J.R.R. Tolkien, has lots of character traits. He was very brave, because he fought for the army in World War One. Also, Tolkien was very determined. He never even thought to stop writing The Lord of the Rings! Thirdly, he was very imaginative. He loved to create mystical creatures and bring them to life in his writing and drawings. Lastly, he is extremely smart. He was very smart because he was a student at Oxford University, and later on he became a professor there. You can never have to many character traits!

J.R.R. Tolkien also made many contributions to the people around him. For example, books! J.R.R. Tolkien wrote many good books for us, such as The Lord of the Rings, The Hobbit, and The Silmarillion. Also, a great contribution he has made is the help he gave us in World War One. Nothings better than a good contribution!

J.R.R. Tolkien loves adventures, and you can tell if you read his books! When people read his books they feel like they’re falling into a totally different and magical world. No one could be a better hero than him!