Bob Marley

by Heinz from Tarzana

My life has revolved around music and its beauty. Bob Marley is a musician that changed music and its whole perspective of how it's structured. He was the great revolutionary man that prevented war. He is special and he is one of the most dedicated artists to ever grace the earth. This is my hero and he is the reason that music is as it is today. This is the great story of Bob Marley.

Bob Marley is a revolutionary man. He made peace with two opposing leaders in his live concert and prevented the guerrilla war that was going to happen between them. I love how Bob Marley heals all kinds of people with his music. He is truly a rare God given talent that few people in this earth possesses. He was the one who also made peace in the troubled families in the ghettos of his hometown. His Rastafarian ways of living was an icon to all of the people living from the ghettos of his hometown to the King's palace. He truly is great and it is rare how one person can do all this just by holding a guitar and singing.

He was the musician that changed music and the way it is sung and how it is made. His hottest tunes were the tunes that did not follow music's standards. "Jamming" by Bob Marley was one of those songs. "Jamming" was the number one song for years. Bob Marley and the Wailers also made some great reggae hits that everyone loves. For me, "Waiting in Vain" by Bob Marley is I know, one of his great songs. When I listen to that song, I feel better and the lyrics are lyrics that would refresh your soul. Bob is truly a great musician and his ways of creating songs are legendary and are often used by musicians today.

Bob Marley is one of the most special and dedicated artists to ever grace the Earth. He is dedicated since his childhood dreams that he would become a famous musician. He is a special artist because of his prophetic lyrics that are found on all of his songs. He is also a father. He was not as dedicated to his wife as he could be, but to he was very loyal to his children. His son, Ziggy Marley, now continues the tradition his father used to have but is not as successful because he does not have that rare God given talent Bob Marley had. Bob Marley was a prophet in music, a dedicated father, and a revolutionary peace maker. Bob Marley was everything.

Hero is not a loose word that everyone uses. A hero must be someone great, someone rare, and someone who has that special something in them no other person has. This was no exception to Bob Marley. He had everything and he will always put a smile on my face with his music. Billions of others in this world will agree with me that Bob Marley left a mark in all of us. A mark of love, peace, with a little sprinkle of great reggae African tunes in them. He was the man, he is still the man, and he deserved to be called "Revolutionary man of today."