Press_Release

My Hero Participates In The Orange County Imagination Celebration

MY HERO's Victoria Murphy with children at 2013 Imagination Celebration.

Contact: Rose Kleinow FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
[email protected]
949.376.5964

MY HERO PARTICIPATES IN THE ORANGE COUNTY IMAGINATION CELEBRATION

Saturday, April 12
11:00 AM – 2:00 PM
LAGUNA ART MUSEUM
http://myhero.com/ImaginationCelebration
FREE ADMISSION

LAGUNA BEACH, CA – 4/3/14 – The MY HERO Project is announcing its participation in the Orange County Imagination Celebration, a countywide event that brings together the disciplines of dance, film, music, literature and visual arts in a collaborative effort between arts organizations, schools, cities, libraries, and community venues. 

The MY HERO activities at the Laguna Art Museum are funded, in part, with a $1000 grant from the Laguna Beach Festival of Arts Foundation.

This is the second year that the MY HERO Art Gallery will be partnering with the Laguna Art Museum’s Imagination Celebration Family Festival.  The event offers opportunities for children to participate in multi-disciplinary art projects. This year's theme is Imagination without Borders. The MY HERO Project has been selected to provide children with hands-on art projects that specifically bring technology, creativity, and critical thinking together during the activity.

MY HERO will be at the Laguna Art Museum on Saturday, April 12, from 11 AM until 2 PM, to inspire children to imagine and create models of future innovations and inventions that will benefit society and the environment. This project, Imagination in Collaboration with Technology and the completed imaginative and innovative artworks will be featured on MY HERO's freely accessible global website (www.myhero.com), to be shared with children and adults around the world. Admission to the Museum for the festival is free.

"The MY HERO Virtual Art Gallery is very excited to be collaborating with the Laguna Art Museum to create meaningful activities for their children's festival," said Victoria Murphy, Curator of the My Hero Art Gallery. "MY HERO will emphasize the theme of Imagination in Collaboration with Technology at the Celebration. We are expecting more than 500 family members, most of them children, and that will really be fun. We are grateful to the Laguna Beach Festival of Arts Foundation for sponsoring MY HERO with our continued partnership with the Laguna Art Museum." 

In addition, Victoria Murphy added, "MY HERO will also participate at The Kelp Fest 2014 on Main Beach in Laguna on Saturday, April 26th, 2014. MY HERO will sponsor an art project Recycled Shorebirds that honors the birds along our coastline and uses recycled and environmentally friendly materials.”

MY HERO is a non-profit 501(c)3 organization dedicated to sharing stories of heroes around the world. For more information on The MY HERO Project, please visit our website at www.myhero.com. 

For more information about the MY HERO participation at the Imagination Celebration, please visit the Laguna Art Museum website: http://myhero.com/ImaginationCelebration

MY HERO Gallery - All artists are invited to add your artwork to the MY HERO Gallery