In The Arts

by Laguna Beach Coastline Pilot

February 02, 2012

Students, seniors to 'Celebrate Heroism'

The Laguna Beach Boys & Girls Club and the Susi Q Senior Center are teaming up for a media arts workshop program called "Celebrate Heroism."

Part of the MY HERO Project, the workshop will have participants "contemplate heroism, discuss heroic deeds and figures, create inspirational media and share it with others -" according to a news release.

The 12-week program will begin in late February and will be led by MY HERO Media Arts Education Director Wendy Milette.

Kids at the Boys & Girls Club will watch films, hold discussions, hear from dynamic speakers in the community and take field trips. The club's workshop will end with an exhibition of student work, which will be displayed in the children's section of the Laguna Beach Public Library.

At the Susi Q, seniors will discuss their own experiences and ideas about heroes. The program's schedule is still being worked out, according to the release.

All the stories, art or short films created by students and seniors will be submitted to the Laguna Hero Fest, an annual contest that celebrates local heroes, artists and filmmakers.

For more information on MY HERO Project, visit myhero.com.

Laguna Beach Coastline Pilot - Read the article directly from the Laguna Beach Coastline Pilot website

Thursday, February 2nd, 2012
Coastline Pilot
Laguna Beach
Page 2