Michael Jordan

by Alex from New York

The book I read is Michael Jordan: Basketball Skywalker, by Thomas R. Raber. The main character is Michael Jordan and he is my hero because he played for my second favorite team, the Chicago Bulls, and he played a part in my favorite movie, Space Jam.

Michael Jordan was born on February 17th, 1963 in Brooklyn, New York. Before Michael started playing basketball, his first basketball net was a garbage can. Michael would dunk basketballs into the garbage can and pretend he was a famous basketball player. Michael also liked to play baseball, football and ride his bike through the woods in his backyard.

Sometimes Michael had problems at school. Some problems were other boys at school would make fun of his short hair and some would make fun of his ears. Other problems were that he caused trouble at school and also cut classes. Michael also had trouble in sports, too. The only problem was that he was not tall enough yet to play basketball. In the 11th grade he grew tall enough to play basketball. By the time he was ready to play basketball in high school, he was 6 feet 3 1\2 inches tall.

One character trait Michael has is that he boasts a lot to people. In a news report he boasted to people about his career. Another character trait is that Michael is very honest. He has never cheated in a basketball game. One more character trait is that Michael is proud. He is proud to help his team win 7 NBA finals.

One contribution Michael made was to help the Olympic basketball team win two Olympic gold medals. In 1984 in Los Angeles, California, the U.S. Olympic basketball team won their first gold medal. In 1992 in Barcelona, Spain, they won their second Olympic gold medal. One more contribution Michael made is that he helped the Chicago Bulls win 7 NBA finals.

Michael is married to Juanita Vanoy and they have three children. Their names are Jeffery, Marcus and Jasmine. Michael is still playing basketball today, but I haven’t found out what team.