CONTACT: Jeanne Meyers FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Co-founder/Director The MY HERO Project
ACTORS KAT KRAMER AND
BERNARD BRAGG TO HONOR DEAF ENTERTAINERS
CA – 5/4/15 – Actress Katharine “Kat”
Kramer joins The MY HERO Project in a Media Access Salon Panel Celebrating
Deaf Entertainers in Music, Film & Stage this Friday, May 8th from 7-9 pm in Santa Monica.. The event is part of the ongoing My Hero Salon Series, which brings
together community leaders and citizens to discuss and explore important timely
| Kat Kramer|
The Media Access Salon honors American Sign Language (ASL) Talent and Bernard Bragg, Founder National Theatre of Deaf and winner of a Tony Award Winner for Excellence. The event features original music of Deaf rapper Sean Forbes and Deaf Professional Arts Network (D-PAN) American Sign Language (ASL) Music Videos and an emerging cultural genre of programming in the arts.
Join Hosts Alan “Spo” Schwartz & Katharine “Kat” Kramer with panelists:
• Jules Dameron, founder of Deaf Women in Film (DWIF) and director of film, television & ASL music videos
• Actress and author Antoinette Abbamonte-Plantinga
• Songwriter and vocalist TL Forsberg
• Writer and Actress, Kalen Feeney
• D-PAN’s interview: Daniel N. Durant: Broadway World’s Winner-Best Lead Actor in a Musical
• Resources on ASL interpreting agencies, captioning & audio description services shared by Caption This!
| Bernard Bragg|
The Salon is free, open to the public and appropriate for all ages. The event will be interpreted in American Sign Language (ASL) interpreted.
The Capshaw-Spielberg Center for Arts and Educational Justice
New Roads School
3131 Olympic Boulevard
Santa Monica, CA 90404
The MY HERO Project is a non-profit 501(c).3 organization dedicated to sharing stories of everyday heroes from all walks of life. MY HERO’s free educational resources serve students, teachers and families in 194 countries. Please visit My Hero International Film Festival. www.myhero.org.