Saturday, November 6th, 2010
Associated Press

VOLUNTEERS IN TAMPA TEAM UP
TO BUILD A PLAYGROUND IN ONE DAY
by The Associated Press

AP Images for Foresters

In the photograph above, taken by AP Images for Foresters, Volunteers from the neighborhood, the City of Tampa, the NFL Youth Education Town Center, the University of Tampa basketball team, and members and agents from Foresters and KaBOOM! help build a playground in one day Saturday, Nov. 6, 2010 in Tampa, Fla.

AP Images for Foresters

Foresters, a life insurance provider committed to the well-being of families, is partnering with KaBOOM!, a non-profit organization dedicated to saving play, to build 20 playgrounds across North America this year. (Steve Nesius/AP Images for Foresters)

Written by The Associated Press
Copyright 2003 Associated Press. All rights reserved.This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten , or redistributed.

Photos courtesy of AP Images for Foresters
Images created by Steve Nesius

The MY HERO Project From "Americans Who Tell The Truth", the story of Lily Yeh. From abandoned lots and homes, Lily Yeh has created parks, gardens, art workshops, after-school programs and more. In short, she's built communities where before nothing existed.

The MY HERO Project "The Conservation President", Theodore Roosevelt created more than 150 million acres of national parks.

More Featured AP_Story Heroes
More Featured Community Heroes