Farmworker''s Friend: The Story of Cesar Chavez

By David R. Collins

Publisher: Lerner Publishing Group, October 1996
ISBN: 1575050315
MY HERO recommends this book to children readers.
Synopsis
Cesar Estrada Chavez had a dream for his people. He hoped to form a union for farm workers, a union that would be more than a collection of laborers, but a community, or una causa. Until his death in 1993, Cesar Chavez worked to build such a community, or union, of farm workers. A national union, the United Farm Workers, was his lasting contribution. Popular Carolrhoda author David R. Collins tellingly presents the life of this labor leader, political activist, and farm worker's friend.
User Reviews:
brenda | 5/31/2011 2:13 PM
I thought that Cesar Chavez was still alive. Then I learned that he died on April 23 1993.
Lupita Chavez | 2/7/2011 2:46 AM
i really love this book he really represents all the paisas ,also if it wasn't because of him all the farm workers right now will be struggling, Thanks to "Cesar Chavez"
Cipatli Garcia | 4/3/2008 1:28 AM
Its a really good book you have to read and  I LOVE IT

Es un libro muy chido lo tienes que lear esta en espanol i en ingles lo tienes que leer buedes ir a ir a cual qier piblioteca que quieras.
America | 3/11/2008 12:23 PM
THIS MAN WAS A EXAMPLE FOR EVERYONE.
lien | 12/6/2006 5:59 AM
I love it
juan guzman | 3/6/2006 12:12 AM
he was my hero i dont know what the latino rase would do without him and all of the people that i know think that they know what his story is but they have no idea that man is one man i respect and he is with us no matter what
maria | 2/2/2006 5:22 AM
why did he died

Cesar Chavez died in his sleep on April 23, 1993, in San Luis, Arizona.
-- The MY HERO Library Staff

Katherine Obando | 2/25/2005 7:43 AM
this is a great book if you want to know every thing about cesar chavez. it helped me understand the mexican background.

Write your comments
  • Only registered users can write reviews