College of the Overwhelmed:
The Campus Mental Health Crisis
and What to Do about It

By Richard Kadison,
Theresa Foy DiGeronimo

Publisher: Wiley, John & Sons, Incorporated
ISBN: 0787974676
MY HERO recommends this book to adult readers.
Written for parents, students, college counselors, and administrators, College of the Overwhelmed is a landmark book that explores the stressors that cause so many college students to suffer psychological problems. The book is filled with insights and stories about the current mental health crisis on our nation’s campuses and offers a hands-on guide for helping students overcome stress and succeed in a college environment. Authors Dr. Richard Kadison—a national expert on the topic of campus mental health—and Theresa Foy DiGeronimo examine the effects of such commonplace stress factors as identity development, relationships, sexuality, roommate problems, academic pressures, extracurricular demands, parental expectations, and racial and cultural differences that affect self-worth. The book includes the personal stories of students under stress and describes how they overcame a variety of problems. The authors discuss the warning signs and symptoms of common problems, including depression, sleep disorders, substance abuse, anxiety disorders, eating disorders, impulsive behaviors, and suicide.
Write your comments
  • Only registered users can write reviews